First Date (g)

Grayson-

After discussing the dinner plans with Grayson for days, the two of you finally decided to keep the date casual. He had wanted to take you to a fancy restaurant, but you weren't comfortable with him spending a lot of money on you, considering you just met.

Even though the date wasn't going to be fancy, you still wanted to look nice, so you picked out a cute dress for the dinner. Of course, Grayson was punctual, ringing your doorbell as soon as the clock read eight. When you opened the door, your eyes couldn't help but rake over his body, clothed in a pair of tight black pants and a gray button down. He was holding a bouquet of red roses in his hands, holding them out to you with a wide grin. He looked slightly nervous, and his cheeks were flushed pink as he smiled. "Grayson, these are beautiful, thank you!" You exclaimed, taking the flowers and putting them in a vase from the kitchen.

"Not as beautiful as you." He retorted, making you giggle and push his arm slightly.

"Someone's cheesy." You teased, and he chuckled shyly as he rubbed the back of his neck. "But it's cute." You told him. He offered you his arm and you took it, noticing how muscular it was, sending shivers down your spine. Grayson opened the car door for you and shut it once you were seated comfortably in his car. "Such a gentleman." You told him as he slid into the driver's seat.

"I try." He shrugged, trying to be nonchalant, but you knew that he was flattered.

"Gray, can I just say that you look so good tonight it makes my heart hurt." You said after a moment of silence, feeling bold. Being around Grayson made you feel confident. You saw his jaw clench slightly as his adam's apple bobbed in his throat.

"You're so beautiful." He said, leaning over to you when he stopped at a red light. He brushed a piece of your hair behind your ear, making your heart beat so loudly that you wouldn't be surprised if he could hear it. He didn't say anything as he looked into your eyes, his fingers lingering by your ear. A car behind the two of you started to honk as the light turned green, and you jumped apart quickly, Grayson pressing on the gas to get the car moving again.

He pulled into the parking lot for a local Mexican restaurant, and he jogged over to your side of the car to open the door for you. He offered you his arm again, and you happily took it, letting him lead you into the restaurant. He requested a booth for the two of you, and the hostess took you to a booth in the back of the building.

The two of you shared a basket of chips and salsa as you waited on your food, laughing at his goofy jokes. "Ethan really did that?!" You exclaimed, covering your mouth as you laughed loudly.

"Yes!!" Grayson roared with laughter, lightly hitting the table with his fist. After you cleared your plates, Grayson sighed and grabbed the check. "I guess we should head out, I think that they actually close soon." You glanced at your phone and realized that you had been at the restaurant for two hours, just laughing and enjoying his company.

"We can split the check." You offered, pulling out your wallet. He rolled his eyes and held the check out of your reach.

"This is on me, seriously. I'm the one that ruined your shirt the other day." He argued, and you eventually just sighed and accepted defeat.

During the ride back to your house, he gently interlaced his fingers with yours. He let you play with the radio dial, skimming through the different stations until you found a song that you liked, and he would sing along with you. When he pulled into your driveway, you were sad. You didn't want the date to end.

"Would you, uhm, maybe want to go out with me again soon?" Grayson asked, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Of course, Gray. I had such a perfect time." You told him, leaning over to give him a hug. He walked you to the door and the two of you shared another hug, and you kissed his cheek before he went back to his car. He opened the car door and slid inside, waving as he pulled out of the driveway.