I follow Libby into the living room. "Uh, you guys can come up to my room." Libby gestures between Liam and Miranda.

"Yes!" Liam jumps up almost instantly from the couch and we all look at him weirdly. "I mean, sure yeah, whatever." He shrugs.

"Miranda?" Libby raises a questioning eyebrow.

"Nah, I think I'll stay here with Elle." She eases closer to her as she sends a small smirk in her direction. Elle hides her blush behind her long blonde hair as Miranda shamelessly flirts with her.

Liam shivers and pulls Libby along with him. I awkwardly decide to slowly back out of their little conversation as I head upstairs to look for Adam.

I round the corner to Adam's room and hesitantly knock on the door. After 3 firm knocks and I don't get a reply, I push open the door to his room to see Adam sitting on his bed. His elbows rest on his knees as he holds over, and his hands cover half of his face. Adam's eyes are bloodshot red as he stares across the room blankly at nothing in particular.

Adam just sits there, not moving an inch.

And that's when I see it.

The single tear resting on his cheek.

I hurriedly lock the door and rush over to his bed and take a seat beside him, resting a hand on his back as I try to comfort him, not even knowing what I was to comfort him about.

I had never seen Adam cry before so I was quite helpless in this situation. 

He flinches as my hand makes contact on his back and his eyes snap to mine, the reddest I've ever seen them. but this time, not with anger but with sadness. 

It's like he was unaware that I had entered the room, caught up in his own thoughts. His body visibly relaxes slightly when he realizes it was me but as if possible, his eyes grow sadder.

"Adam... are you-- are you okay?" I question and a second later I mentally scold myself. Of course he wasn't 'okay'. He was fucking crying Ariel.

He simply shakes his head no as he continues to look straight across in front of him. I leave the conversation there, not sure what else I could do or say to make him feel better since I'm not exactly sure why he was upset.

Several minutes past and they felt like hours. Suddenly, he speaks, "It's... true, you know." He whispers as he stays planted in his same position. My eyes snap up to meet his face, elated that he was beginning to speak. That, however, didn't last long as my curiosity spiked interest in what he was talking about.

He seems to catch my confusion and continues. "About what Elle said." He still doesn't look  at me.

"Adam, you know that's--" I was cut off by him.

"No, please. Just let me finish." He pleads and I snap my mouth shut.

"I-I love you..." His voice grows even quieter. "I guess I never really realized it at first but... that was what I wanted to talk to you about when we got back." He explains while I try to calm down my beating heart, thumping hard against my rib cage.

He loves me. 

Adam Haynes loves me.

"I had it all planned out." He lets out a short, humorless chuckle. "I was suppose to take you out to dinner, a few other spots that I thought you meet love... and then if I wasn't gonna back out again, I would tell the most beautiful girl in the in the world that I love her." He says as if living out the thought in his head.

"It wasn't suppose to be like this..." He says, almost inaudible. "It wasn't fucking suppose to be like this!" He shouts loudly and I visibly flinch when he angrily pushes everything from off of his bedside table, some glass breaking in the process.