Chapter 7

Ariel's POV

Principal Edwards wanted to give all of us detention. He suggested that I have one week while Adam and Landon have three weeks. Landon then quickly assured him that I had nothing to  do with the fight. Adam being the dickhead that he was just sat there with a blank expression on his face.

When the principal dismissed us, Adam quickly got up, grabbed his bag and exited the room without  a word. I gave Landon a tight smile before hurriedly running after Adam.

"Adam!" I shouted at his very very muscular back.

He paused before turning around and looking at me.

"What the hell was that about?"

"What?" He asked innocently.

"Why'd you have to fight Landon?" I asked placing my hand on my hip.

His eyes scanned my body and then quickly found my eyes again.

"'Why do you care?' You know, I gotta go." He said turning back around to walk away also mimicking my words this morning using air quotes.

I quickly grabbed his arm to stop him and stood in front of him.

"What is even your problem with me?" I asked getting fed up with his attitude.

"Everything, Ariel. Nothing." He replied with an expression on his face I couldn't read.

Like me, he looked confused at what he said himself because he looked around him slightly shaking his head looking at nothing in particular.

Without saying another word, he pulled my arm. I let out a squeal surprised at the action but tried my best to keep up.

When the pulling stopped, we ended up by his car. He gently pushed me against the car with his hand on my hips, looking deep into my eyes with a emotionless face. His face only a few inches away from mine, his hand still on my hip.

My breathing was heavy and my knees were beginning to become weak. Before anything could happen, he looked down, sighed and turned away running his hand through his hair.

"We should, we should probably go." He said when his gaze finally went back to me.

I was pissed. Beyond pissed. He thought I was some sort of game to him. One of his Barbie dolls that he could play with and put back in the toy basket until he was ready again.

Without another word, I stomped to the backseat and folded my arms.

Adam got in the driver's seat a few seconds later, rubbing his hands over his face and sighing.

"You know you could come into the passenger's seat." He said with a little sincerity in his voice.

"No thanks." I vaguely replied.

He sighed loudly and then decided to start the engine. After about 5 minutes into the ride, I finally decided to speak. "I'm going at your house to check on Libby."

He quickly looked at me but my eyes were still on the road. He then slightly nodded.

---------------

A few minutes, we arrived at the mansion. Without waiting for a second I got out.

"Look, Ariel-" He started.

"No, it's okay, I understand. Makeup and putting on a few new clothes weren't going to change anything." I said a tear escaping my eye.

I don't know why I always cry over the pettiest things like my crush not liking me back. It was then that I just realised that I kinda sorta just admitted to Adam that I like him.