Chapter 11

^^Pic of Ariel above^^

Ariel's POV

"Adam?"

His head swiftly turns to my direction and he sits up straighter in the driver's seat and the rhythm that he was doing with his thumb stops.

"What are you doing here?" I asks since I realise he isn't going to speak.

"I was just...." He trails off looking like he's thinking of something to say. "....in the neighborhood?" He says but it sounds like a question.

"Oh, well, have fun in the....neighbourhood." I state beginning to walk away.

"Wait, uh Ariel." He says getting out of his car.

I stop in my tracks and turn on my heel so I'm facing him again.

"Yeah?" I ask looking up at him.

"So, you heading home?" He asks while scratching the back of his neck making his muscles flex.

"Well, actually, I'm sleeping by your house tonight." I say looking around trying not to make eye contact.

We stand there in awkward silence looking everywhere avoiding eye contact with each other. Adam places his hands in his front pockets, rocking back and forth on his heel until I break the silence.

"Well, it was nice talking to you. Bye." I state turning to walk away once again but he stops me again but this time grabbing the arm he hurt earlier.

I flinch and quickly pull away from his touch. I lower my head to look at my hand and then examine it.

I look back up at Adam while rubbing my hand and he runs his hand through his hair with a saddened expression on his face.

"Ariel, I'm really sorry about that. We should really put something on that."

"No, it's okay. I should really get going, I told Libby I'd be home by 11:00." I say giving him a tight lipped smile.

"I can give you a ride. I was just heading home."

"A ride?"

Silence.

"Oh! In the car!" I quickly added walking to the car swiftly before Adam gets another word in.

I opened the passenger's car door, got in and buckled up. Adam entered a few seconds later with a smug expression on his face.

I mentally face palmed myself at the thought of him not meaning giving me a ride in his car.

To prevent myself from thinking any further, I started a conversation. "I hope I didn't interrupt whatever you were doing back there. You know, the neighbourhood." I stated smiling internally at myself because I knew that being 'around the neighborhood' was obviously a lie.

I couldn't help but smile at the thought of Adam waiting for me outside Landon's house.

"What?" Adam asked confused. "Oh! Yeah, uh, nothing important."

I smiled and looked out the window so that he couldn't see.

---------

We arrived at the house a couple minutes later. When we pulled up and Adam parked in the garage, there was a girl pacing back and forth on their step with her phone to her ear. She looked really pissed off.

I glanced at Adam and his face had the same confused look that I had. His face immediately turned to one of realization.

I got out the car with Adam in front. As we approached, I realised the girl was ....Elle.

"Finally! Where were you? Your sister wouldn't even let me in." She scoffed still not noticing me behind Adam.

"I was busy." Adam replied vaguely.

"Okay, well, let's go-" she stops abruptly when she notices me.

"Why is she always here!?" She asks annoyed. "Are you fucking her?"

"She's my sister's best friend. Of course she's always here." He says chuckling humorlessly.

"Doesn't she have a house?" She asked eyeing me up and down.

I stood there awkwardly as she insulted me.

"Elle, just go in the fucking house." Adam states through gritted teeth.

Her eyes go to Adam and she smiles sweetly. "Of course baby. I'm so glad you called me." She says coldly looking at me.

Tears filled my eyes and I quickly blinked them away so she couldn't see me cry. She didn't deserve my tears. Neither of them did.

Adam looked back at me with regret present in his eyes.

Elle looked at with a raised eyebrow which said  'I won' before she pecked Adam's lips and walked inside swaying her non existent hips dramatically.

I felt like trash. No, shit. I felt like shit. He called Elle. I shouldn't feel this, I did tell him to fuck her but that was just my anger speaking.

"Go fuck Elle or something and stay out of my life."

I knew he was about to listen to the first part but why not the latter.

Adam stood in his same position, his back facing me and his breathing heavier. He seemed deep in thought about whether he should look at me or not.

I didn't give him the time to decide though because if he had looked back, he would've seen a face full of tears so I quickly went inside. Thankfully, Adam didn't follow me.

=_==_==_==_==_==_==_=

Vote!

Follow!

Comment!

08/13/2018

12:03 AM