Chapter 3

Ariel's POV

The car ride to Adam's house was drowning in deafening silence.

As always, I was in the backseat and Libby was in the passenger seat.

Libby then decided to break the awkward silence by saying, "so, if you're here who's at the house? The party started like an hour ago." She asked her brother.

"I uh, I have Bryce watching it for me."

I just sat there in the car with a blank expression on my face. Every now and then, I would see Adam looking at me through the mirror but I would just pretend I didn't see him.

______

10 minutes later, we arrived at the party. I got out of the car and followed Libby inside the house not even acknowledging Adam.

I was still kind of embarrassed with the expression I got from him earlier.

I thought I looked decent but I guess I was wrong.

Libby headed over to Adam's friends and I just followed like a lost puppy.

When we got to the group of friends, which consisted of Bryce, Landon, Josh and Nick, Libby said hey.

The boys looked at Libby, nodded, then went back to their conversations before instantly flicking their head back to look at me almost in unison.

"Who's your friend?" Landon asked easing closer to me with his hand in his hair.

"Who, her?"Libby said smirking knowing good enough that they were referring to me.

"Yeah... her." Josh said biting his bottom lip.

"You guys know her." Libby said.

"I think I would have remembered a face and a body like that." Landon added.

Was that a pickup line?

"It's uh, me, Ariel." I finally decided to speak up.

Everyone just stood there awestruck. Nick's cup fell from his hand while Bryce's jaw just dropped.

"I gotta admit, I always thought that you were cute but fuck!" Josh said now eyeing me up and down.

I stood there awkwardly as the four boys just looked at me biting their lips.

"Since you all aren't gonna stop eye-fucking my best friend anytime soon, I think I'll just go and get a drink." Libby said before leaving.

"I call dibs." Landon suddenly shouted. "Aw, what?" The rest of the group mumbled. With that, Landon flung his hands around my shoulders and we walked away from the group.

"So, want anything to drink?"

"Uh, yeah sure." I was never one to drink but I figured changing my clothes and adding on makeup wasn't going to be enough.

------------

About an hour later, I was so fucking drunk.

Hell, if my life story wasn't being written I wouldn't be able to recall what happened tonight.

I stumbled my way away from Landon a couple of minutes ago because he told me I had enough to drink.

While walking, I bumped into something hard... or someone hard.

"Hey, theree!" I slurred.

"What the fuck Ariel, how much did you drink?" A familiar voice asked while holding me up to prevent me from falling.

"I don't know, two, maybe six or seven." I said while giggling like an idiot.

Adam had a frustrated look on his face.

"Let's get you upstairs." He said while leading me to the stairs.

"No! You're only helping me because I'm your sister's best friend." I slurred once again.

"Now isn't the time Ariel."

"Then when is the time?" Just then, my feet gave out and I fell to the ground.

I felt someone lift me up bridal style and carried me upstairs.

"Put me down!" I complained.

The person who I assumed to be Adam, kicked open a door before putting me to sit up on the bed.

He took his phone angrily from his back pocket and started to type. He then placed the phone to his ear. After a few seconds, he started shouting.

"Where are you? How could you leave Ariel by herself?" He asked really pissed.

He paused for a minute before replying to whoever was on the phone with him.

"Save your excuses, Libby."

He was shouting at Libby for me? I mean, ahem, I feel really bad for her.

After a couple of minutes of talking, he then pressed what I assumed to be the 'end call' button.

"I'm boreeddd!"

"Go to sleep, Ariel." He said emotionless.

"Fine!" I ripped off my dress, leaving me in my lace bra and panty.

"Fuck," Adam muttered under his breath.

His eyes raked slowly over my body before landing on my chest.

"Hey! My eyes are up here." I said using my left hand's index finger to point at my left eye and the same hand's middle finger to point at my right.

"Jesus, put back on your dress Ariel."

"That dress is really uncomfortable." I whined.

Just as I was about to unclip my bra, he ran over to me, stopping me just in time.

"No no no no no!"

"What?"

"Just lie down Ariel."  He said while pinching his nose bridge.

He was heading for the door before I shouted, "I'm not sleepy!"

"Yes, you are."

I plopped down on the bed, knowing that it was no use arguing with him.

"Goodnight pretty boy." I said sprawled across the bed, now feeling sleepy.

"Goodnight pretty girl." Adam replied before leaving and shutting the door behind him. I quickly drifted off to sleep.

=_==_==_==_==_==_==_==_==_=

Vote!

Follow!

Comment!

Hey! I took a little longer this time because I always edit my chapters while writing them and this one was longer.

Anyways, thanks to the few people reading, appreciate it.😊