Chapter 45 | Closure

'We can do anything if we put our minds to it
Take your whole life then you put a line through it
My love is yours if you're willing to take it
Give me your heart 'cause I ain't gonna break it
So come away, starting today
Start a new life, together in a different place
We know that love is how these ideas came to be
So baby, run away, away with me'

(*'︶'*)╯♡

R a y

The next morning I woke up to the sound of birds, that I don't experience in New York, and found out that Ace has already left the bed somewhere and that it was ten in the morning.

I get up to take a shower only to realize this wasn't our hotel room and that's when this morning's encounters flooded in. At that same second, a knock on the door brought me back to reality.

"Yes?" I say, running my hand through my hair.

"Oh you're awake, breakfast is ready," I hear Noah's voice quietly from outside.

"I'll be down in a minute," I inform and wait for his footsteps as they go farther away.

I look down at my pajamas that I slept in which belong to a woman that I don't know and head to the bathroom to change and look more like a human.

"Good morning!" Noah says cheerfully, flipping a pancake.

"Morning," I say with a small smile, being as polite as I can. "Do you know where Ace went to?"

"He asked if there's anything he can do for breakfast and went to get the pancake mix that you like," he says, still smiling.

"So where is he now?" I push.

"I think he got a call and had to leave an hour ago," Noah shrugs and I gape at him.

Did Ace really leave me all alone in a stranger's house?

"Right, well I should get going as well," I stumble a little on my feet, suddenly losing all my confidence without Ace or the mallows being here.

"No, please. He said he'll only be gone a few then he'll be back. He didn't want to wake you up or bring you back to the hotel so he thought this would be the safest place," Noah explains.

"Do you have any Nutella?" I ask.

"Uhm, in the storage I think? I'll go look for it," he says, confused.

I take that time to gather my belongings and zoomed through to the front door. After unlocking the door, I walk outside to the bright environment but I don't recognize the street.

I gasp as my eyes land on a familiar figure.

A c e

Did I leave Ray all alone at a stranger's house? No, I would think that 45 chapters into this book, y'all would know me better.

Sure I didn't wake her up because I want her to connect with her long lost father, but I did leave some guards behind and instructed them to stay at a distance.