Chapter 39 | Australia

please read author's note the end <3

'I need your love, I need your time
When everything's wrong
you make it right
I feel so high, I come alive
I need to be free with you tonight'

ʕ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ

R a y

"So Blake is going to be here," Ace says from the kitchen's countertop.

My heart stops and I have to force my face to stay neutral.

"Why so?" I say with a curious voice.

"He's just going to be your bodyguard of the day," damn.

"Is it okay if he just doesn't? I have some things I need to finish off at the clinic and then I will maybe drop by your office and see how things are going," I plead.

"He can accompany you to all your errands then," he stands up and puts his empty mug in the dishwasher once he rinsed it. "I thought you'd be glad," he furrows his eyebrows.

Oh of course, only he tried to kiss me and was really close at doing so, then left without explanation, and I'm trying to follow you to Australia without you noticing so...

"I am, just surprised he isn't going with you," I force a smile and he just hums.

"Well, I'm going to head out," he walks towards me now.

"You can stay here," and not go kill Antonio.

"I wish I could but," his face looked troubled.

"I know I know, go be a criminal outside this house," I tease and peck his lips.

"Alright, he should be here any second now," he says, referring to Blake.

"Text me once you've landed to wherever you're going, and take care of yourself," I straighten out his blouse, then caress his jaw.

"Yes ma'am," he smiles down at me. "I love you."

"I love you too," with that, he heads to the garage. Once I hear his engine leaving the house, I sprint upstairs to get my belongings.

A couple minutes later once I dressed myself and checked what I had, I hear the door bell ring and I freeze up.

"Blake," I nod the second I open the door but continue running around, gathering items I might need for my mission.

"What are we doing?" He pushes himself off the door frame and enters the door, closing it behind him.

"You," I zip up my jacket, "are going to," put on my beanie, "leave," I smile as I stand in front of him before grabbing my keys and wait for him to do so.

"Ray, I understand what I did wa—" I place my hand in front of my face as a message to him to not continue.

"I'm not talking about that, but I need to be places and you're going to be in the way," I clarify.

"As your bodyguard for the time, I am ordered to accompany you anywhere you wish," he straightens himself out.

I sigh, knowing he won't leave me alone no matter how hard I try.

"How fast can you book a flight for Australia?"

"This isn't a good idea," Blake says as we're racing to board our last minute booked plane.