Chapter 11

"You love Rye!" He says. I pull back my hand.
"I don't love him. He's my best friend." I say a little angry.
"Why are you so scared to admit that you love him? What is so bad about loving him? Your lying to yourself and everyone around you." He says and stands up.
"I am not scared!" I scream a little too loud.
"Yes you are!" He shouts now and Mikey never gets angry.
So that must mean that's it's really serious.
"I can't do this." I say and the tears start to build up.
"Then why are you pushing everyone away from you?" He asks.
"Because I'm trying to protect him." I shout.
After I shout this my eyes grow big, realising what I have just said.
"Of what? What are you protecting him from?" Mikey asks, confused.
I say nothing and realise that I have to tell him. I can't run away anymore.
"From myself! Okay? I can't hurt him." I whisper.
Mikey comes over to me and takes my hands again.
"So you do love him?" He asks.
"Yeah I do. Okay? More than anything else and I hate the feeling when I am not in his touch. It destroys me that I've ended our friendship like this. I love him so much Mikey, I can't live without him." I admit with tears running down my cheeks.
Now I realise that what I said is the truth. I didn't allow myself to feel this way for so long but now it's over. This has to stop.
"But if you love him why do you want to protect him from yourself?" Mikey asks gently.
"I've never had a real relationship and I always hurt people with what I say or do. I don't want to hurt Rye. He means to much to me." I admit, quietly.

Suddenly I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around and see Rye, standing against the door frame. Shocked, my eyes widen.
*No. Fuck. If he heard all that...* I think and start panicking.
Quickly I try to get out the room but two strong arms wrap around my waist.
"Babe stop running away from me. Please!" He whispers in my ear.
So I turn around and look in his eyes.
"So you love me?" He whispers again.
I look down.
"Babe, please stop worrying. I know you would never hurt me! You only hurt me if you try to ignore me or your feelings for me. It's okay if your scared. I'm always here for you. To hold you. I love you so much!" He says.

Now I'm not scared anymore. I feel safe in his arms. So I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him.
"I'm so sorry." I whisper, pulling back from the kiss.
Rye leans his forehead against mine and looks deep into my eyes.
"No need to say sorry babe!" He says and kisses me gently on the lips.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Andy shouts, angrily, appearing in the room.
Shocked, I take a step back from Rye.
"Andy, let me explain. Please." I beg.
"Oh no! I don't want to hear anything!" He says , angrily but before anyone can say or do anything, Mikey takes Andy and pulls him out the room.
Worried I look at Rye.
"Mikey will get through to him." He says and he did.

Andy accepted our relationship, even if there were a few times he got angry and overprotective but in the end he's cool with it and everyone is happy. I'm not scared anymore, I feel safe with Rye and even if our friends with benefits is over...we use every second we're alone together.