My death will hurt him more than ever. He will feel as if he has lost everything. And I need you to be by my son's side. That's not only an order but a wish. My last wish. No matter how strong he looks, he hurts more than everyone else. He uses his rebellion to cover it up. Open him, Taehee. Remove all his darkness and give him your light. He still needs to find his light which is deep down within him. It will take a while, so lend him yours for now. I believe you can do it. He will learn to love you instead of hate you. And I'm sure you'll do the same. I wish you the very best.

From your late father-in-law,

Byun Hyeongseop."

That letter had really shocked her. To think he knew he was going to die was absolutely surprising and saddening. He left with all this hope and trust in her. She feared she couldn't fulfill what he wanted. Taehee didn't know how to fix people. How could she fix people when she went through so much herself? Did it take two broken hearts to create one new one? Was this the story between her and Baekhyun?

• • •

That letter had been in her mind for a while. A week had passed and it consumed every second of her thinking. So she didn't sleep. Taehee used the opportunity to go check on Baekhyun at six in the morning. But her blood ran cold when she didn't see him. His slippers were gone as well. She tugged her coat around her body, going down the stairs to scan the first floor. Her heart started beating even faster when she couldn't find them there either. She tried to calm herself down, walking to the back garden with hope. And there he was. Baekhyun was under a large cherry blossom tree. Looking at the dark sky turning grey.

Taehee puffed out her cheeks as her heart beat slowed down. She quietly walked to him, taking a seat next to him. "You scared me to death when I couldn't find you in your room. Are you okay?" She asked softly, watching his dark eyes flicker down to her. He gave her a genuine smile, which she was starting to get used to these days: "I'm fine. I was talking to dad when the stars were out. About how I felt. When they went away, I sorted them out myself." Taehee nodded slowly, giving an encouraging smile. She liked to believe the same. That good people who passed away turned into stars.

"I believe you, but you haven't cried once. It worries me, Baekhyun. You can't keep your feelings trapped within you when you're trying to sort them out. It's what changes your attitude so often. Crying will let out—" Taehee paused when she heard a sniffle come from her right side. She widened her eyes when tears came out of his eyes nonstop. Her comments had really gotten to him. She offered him a faint smile, nodding slowly as she spoke: "That's right. Don't you feel a bit more better now?" The prince also nodded, "I don't feel so hurt though. It just needs to come out." His hoarse voice spoke, the tears trailing from his cheeks, to his lips and then his chin like a melting icicle. 

"Do you still want to know why I was so angry two weeks ago?" He averted his teary eyes from the plants in front of him to her. Taehee let a teasing smile cross her face: "If you have an answer." She replied calmly back, making him laugh through his last few tears. "On the day I brought that girl home, that afternoon I saw you with Sehun. He was spinning you around on that chair. You seemed like you were having the best time of your life. For some reason, that annoyed me. It made me so angry that I went to the club. And you get the rest of the picture. At the time I didn't get why I was acting that why. But I finally know now."

Taehee raised a brow, wanting to lightly laugh at the fact he was made because she was having fun. It sounded stupid. "And why is that?" She asked with an amused smile, watching the sun rise and turn the grey sky orange. Baekhyun looked at her side profile, a wide smile coming onto his face. He extended out his fingers, pushing back her long tresses so he could fully see her. She snapped her head to him, locking her light eyes with his. Why did her heart beat faster? Faster than that moment when she thought he disappeared?

"I liked you. Somehow the month we had spent together of weakly insulting each other made me like you. And when you with Sehun just after the day we had that moment with the paint, it angered me. The moment I first felt something was when you were crying in your bathtub. Things like the ballroom only fueled it more. Now almost two months have past. I don't like you anymore. I think... I think I'm in love with you."