Chapter 12: Why She Ran Away

(A/N) So I know that I haven't done any point of views, but I'm going to do some because I feel it's needed to complete the story. Anyways hi :) Back To Story.

*Karen's POV*

I don't know why I did it. Everyone back home was probably worried,  but I didn't actually care. I was tired of being the person that smiled through all the tears.

Skylar had always thought that I didn't care what other people thought of me, but if I was being completely honest, I did. A small part of me hated Skylar for everything she'd done to me. The other, more mature part of me wanted to forgive and forget.

I loved Harry so much and I'd been so sure that he did too. I knew he wasn't the type of guy to tie himself down to one girl, but I was hoping that I could change that. Apparently not.

What sucked most was that they went behind my back. Skylar said she didn't remember that night, but I'm not so sure. I don't know what to believe in anymore.

I almost believed her, until Harry called me.

The conversation went like this:

"Is this Karen?"

"Yes...Is that you Harry? If it is, I'm about to hang up. I hate you so much." I couldn't leave it in. And I actually did. Love and hate were emotions that were both so strong, you never knew when they had switched. Or which one you were feeling on any given day.

"Just listen to me Karen, I love you. I know that this is a pretty stupid way of saying it. And at the wrong time, but I need to explain a few things."

"You have exactly thirty seconds to explain. That's all I'm giving you," I tried to say it as emotionless as possible.

"Well...First of all, Karen flung herself at me. I was just going to the bathroom when she practically attacked me. I swear I didn't do anything. I was an innocent victim. As innocent as you."

*Harry's POV*

I was really hoping she'd believe all the crap I was feeding her. If I was being completely honest, I was only calling her because I was bored. Booty call and everything...

I don't know when exactly I became a man whore. It just happened. And I wanted Karen to keep on loving me, I had to. I didn't care if I ruined her and Skylar's friendship. It wasn't important to me. Skylar wasn't ugly, but Niall liked her. Not that it would make a difference, but I was keen on Karen.

"How am I supposed to believe you when I've been friends with Skylar far longer than I've known you?" Ugh. Was I really going to have to lie and exaggerate more? Seriously, she was hard to convince. I had actually been the one to kiss Skylar, she resisted, at least at first. But I had so many girls wanting to be with me that I thought she had too.

I think by now, you think I'm an ego-filled asshole.

I guess I sort of am. But what nobody understand is how its like to be in the limelight. I get so insecure sometimes,about what people are thinking of me. About what they're going to say next. I try not to pay attention to all the rumors, but I have to admit, some have really hurt me.

I don't know why I wanted Karen so much. There was a deep ache in my heart. It was hard to explain...I'd never feel this way before. The way she smiled, the way she talked, I loved it. All of it.

I was battling all these feelings. I pretended to be a jerk, but I really didn't want to be one. I wanted to be myself, but when you're in the spotlight, its almost impossible.

"Karen, you need to believe me. Why would I lie to you?"

She had to believe me. Skylar had had a crush on me at first. When we met at the concert. It had been so obvious. She had to know that. She just had to.

But then she just hung up and I was left wondering what she thought...

*Karen's POV*

Harry thought that one call, and bam I'd fall like putty in his hands. Well, I wasn't that easy.

I'd really had enough. Then I came home the day Skylar told me the truth, and what I found angered me. To a large extent.

My mother about to marry her boyfriend.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I was going to run away. I wasn't sure where, but I needed to find a place where I could cry in peace. My mother was so nosy and Skylar wasn't being a true friend at the moment. And I didn't want anyone to see me broken.

Nobody was going to see the mess I'd become.

No one.

*Back to Skylar's POV*

"I can't believe we haven't found her. I was sure she'd be here," I said as we drove around in circles through Sacramento.

"Maybe we're looking in the wrong place...What if she didn't even get too far? Its not like she had any way to get all the way over here."

"That's true. I don't know where my head has been these days. I guess we should head back to LA."

Karen's mother hadn't called me at all, what must it feel like to have a missing daughter? Probably one of the worst things Karen's mom had had to go through. Karen had always been the 'perfect daughter'. She got good grades and had a social life. That meant her mother wasn't used to all of this.

Then I remembered...Did Harry know Karen was missing?

"Niall, did you tell Harry about the whole Karen situation?" I was dreading the answer, if he did and Harry didn't care, I was going to lose all the respect I had for him. But if he didn't know...It might not even make a difference.

"I actually didn't even see the boys this morning," he replied. No interest in his tone.

"Well I think you should tell him. I know you guys aren't the bestest friends at the moment, but I think he liked her. I'm not sure if he did, but I think he'll care."

"Why don't you call him," he muttered under his breath.

Me. Call him? Haha that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. The last phone I'd had with him resulted in him calling me a slut. No. Just no.

"Are you being serious? That's not going to happen."

"Well I guess I'll have to stop the car over at that gas station. I don't need any tickets in America," he retorted. I'm guessing he wasn't too excited to talk to Harry. That made two of us.

                                                                                         ***

"Uhm...Harry? There's something I need to tell you..."