51

Token doesn't immediately reply to me, increasing my panic about my own idiocy from probably not that bad to I should go jump off a bridge, clearly that's the only way to handle this.

Token sips his coffee thoughtfully and then puts it down, "Uh... no?"

"Th-That didn't s-sound very confident," I sputter out, feeling flush and embarrassed.

"No, no," Token says, "I had to think about it- it wasn't that you did anything per say-"

"Per say?"

"That's not what I meant," Token says flustered. "I mean, you fell over in the parking lot, but other than that everything was pretty normal- absolutely nothing to worry about. I swear."

I chug most of my coffee nervously, pulling at the hem of my shirt.

"I'm sure," Token says, as if he knows I'm doubting him in my mind, "I'm really sure. I kept a pretty close eye on you guys last night."

I nod and look down at my dark, murky coffee. Okay, so everything was normal. Or as normal as it could have been, more or less, but then why did I wake up next to Craig??? I was still fully dressed- so nothing probably happened. I think...

"Did something happen?" Token suddenly asks, starting to make something else- probably for breakfast.

I shake my head. I don't want to tell Token about my possible fuck ups with my already alarmingly damaged relationship with Craig. Don't get Token more involved in my wreck of a love life: that's the objective.

"Then why are you so worried about messing things up?" Token pauses, "Did something happen between you and Craig?"

I shake my head again, "N-Not that I... remem-remember..." okay. That's sort of the truth.

"Good morning, guys!" Clyde practically shouts as he walks into the kitchen, chipper as can be. Clyde wobbles to a chair at the table and sits down happily.

I nod at him and Token chirps back a sweet "Good morning."

"Whatcha makin'?" Clyde asks as he leans forward on the table.

"Scrambled eggs," Token says.

"My favorite!" Clyde smiles back. "Thanks for the aspirin and water," he says to Token.

Token nods, "No problem, dude."