\\chapter 18\\

I gently close mom's bedroom door, trying not to wake her. I've been laid with her for hours, too scared to leave her be - I've never seen her this fragile. I sigh and head downstairs, smiling small at everyone. "She's sleeping, finally. You guys didn't have to wait."

"Course we did, you're family, we don't want you going through this alone." Jake says as he wraps an arm around me; I hug back, relieved he's fully clothed because in an odd way it makes his hugs more comforting, like they used to be.

"You guys are welcome to stay, I'm gonna go get Elijah-"

"Actually, we're all going. Emily, Sue and Charlie are gonna come here, keep an eye on your mom, while we go for a run."

"I don't..." I say slowly, going to say I don't phase, I can't run with them. I stop when I see the look in their eyes. "What do you have planned?" I cross my arms raising an eyebrow.

"You'll see." Sam grins as they all head outside.

Emily laughs and hugs me gently. "Go, don't worry about your mom. We'll tell her we came to keep her company or something. Have some fun."

"Thank you." I hug back and head outside to see them all phased and waiting in the treeline. I raise an eyebrow as I walk over. "Well, what the fuck do I do?"

Paul walks over and bends down, looking over at me. "Oh you can't be.... You are being serious. I swear to god if you drop me..." I mutter and climb on as he laughs, the others running off already. I lay across his back and tangle my fingers in his fur, gripping tightly as he slowly stands and then takes off running. I squeeze my eyes shut, but can't help letting out a giggle of excitement, at the speed. Eventually he slows and I lift my head, slowly opening my eyes to see the beach. "This isn't the Cullen's..."

"Bella is going to babysit while we have some adult time." Sam says as he emerges from the trees in shorts and a t-shirt.

I climb down and glance at Paul as he runs into the trees the others are coming out of. "What sort of adult time?"

"One involving booze, hotdogs and some noughties pop punk." Seth smirks.

I giggle a little and let Sam wrap an arm around me, dragging me over to the fire Jared and Brady lit moments ago. I see the bottles of alcohol in the sand, red cups beside them, along with some hotdogs, buns and chips. "Any excuse to party huh." I mutter.

Sam just laughs and pours a drink for me as the music begins. I have to admit that the more I drink and dance, the more I warm up to the idea of letting loose. For so long it's been mom Robyn and dad Paul, not just Robyn and Paul who happen to have a kid but don't let that consume their lives. And with that thought in mind, I let myself detense and enjoy the evening, dancing with my brother and husband, my could-be brother and best friend.

I pant a little as I stop jumping around. "I gotta pee, I gotta pee." I laugh as Paul tries to pull me back.

"Hurry up." He kisses my shoulder and I giggle as I run into the trees and do my business. I run to the water and wash my hands in it despite the chill, before running back towards the glow of the fire in the evening night sky.

I'm half way back when someone speaks behind me. "You're her, aren't you? Joshua's daughter."

I look over my shoulder and squint into the darkness. "Scuse me? Who are you?"

 "Scuse me? Who are you?"