\\ chapter 6 \\

It's been 4 days and I finally decide to turn my phone on; Jacob isn't here, he went to get some lunch so nows the perfect time for privacy. I lay on the bed and let it charge up. Almost instantly several voicemails flash up and dozens of text messages. I sigh and listen to the 5 voicemails from Sam.

Voicemail #1; 12 hours since. He seems to sound sincere but I'm not convinced.

Robyn, hey its me... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you like that I didn't mean what I said I.... *sighs* I just got you back. Please call me.

Voicemail #2; 24 hours since. He sounds more tense. Typical.

Rob, come on. It's been 12 hours now and we have no idea where you are. Turn your phone on.

Voicemail #3; 40 hours since. Now there's the usual over bearing ass.

Robyn Jay Uley, I am not kidding now! Answer your damn phone before I call the cops and report you missing.

Voicemail #4; 78 hours since. Total meltdown from Sam Uley.

ROBYN GOD DAMN IT. Pick up the damn phone I am not kidding now, do you have any idea what you're putting mom through?! You gotta think about others rather than yourself!! I can't believe we've resorted to this now! Get home or-

Voicemail #5; 1 hour ago. He sounds... defeated.

Robby... I'm sorry. Please.

I sigh and click onto a message from Embry; he's left a voicemail, too, but it was only left 23 minutes ago so I'll just call him back.

Robyn... I know you swore Jacob to secrecy but it's me, you know you can trust me. Please, at least let me know you're alive and well; I can't sleep thinking you're in a ditch somewhere. Just give me a sign. 💔

I smile small and sigh, dialing his number. It rings only once before he answers. "ROBYN!"

"Hi dork." I sigh.

"Where are you?" He pleads.

"Toasty warm in bed." I smile and hear him groan. "Seriously I'm safe, Em, that's all you need to know. Tell Sam to shove his voicemails where the sun doesn't shine."

"He's worried sick. So is your mom. And me. And Quil." He says softly. "I'll come get you, just tell me where you are."

"Emmy, I just need a break. I bet you don't know what he said to me?" He stays silent. "Exactly. You can't expect me to let go of what he said."

Em sighs but someone speaks in the background. "Is that- is that Robyn? Gimme the phone!"

My eyes widen. "Embry don't you dare - Embry!?" I sit up.

"Robyn?" Paul says after I hear a small altercation of cussing and thumping on the other end of the line. "Robyn, where are you?!"

"Oh piss off Paul!" I snap and instantly hang up. He caused all this and now he wants to act concerned!? Ugh!