Chapter 27

Kayla POV:

I walk into in the reception area to see if anyone wants to join me. When I look up I gasp in shock, before me was people who I thought would stay here. Jane, Alec, Felix, Demetri and Heidi was stood waiting with a bag packed. "We will be joining you M'Lady."

Suspiciously, I asked; "What about the Kings? Aren't you all their personal guards?"

"We had the choice M'Lady." Demetri explained and winked at Kayla. Kayla laughed and winked back, these people could always make her smile even if she was cold and distant to others.

Kayla grabbed her bag and walked towards the door, the others behind her. She walked out and started towards the boat she had ordered to take her away from here.

As they neared the boat a blood curdling scream shattered the peaceful air surrounding them. On the pier was a guy laughing his ass of and falling into the water was a young woman.

Felix ran and dived in the ocean after her, the guy who had pushed her in took off in the opposite direction from Felix and the girl. The pair emerged from the water dripping wet and a frown was etched on Felix's face.

"She's your mate isn't she Felix?" I asked as he held her to his body protectively. He nodded quickly and boarded our ship, with only one thing in mind I assume. Changing her.

We boarded the shop after him and heard the pained screams of someone going through the transition from human to vampire. I remember my change, feeling as if your body was on fire where the venom travelled through your veins.

Marina POV:

I remember the bright cerulean sky waving at me, and the bright streams floating off the sun licked at the skin of my arms. I remember walking with Lucas, he was taking me to my favorite harbour for the day. He was always known as quite the prankster so when i felt him nudge me a bit I didn't think much of iot till I lost my footing and descended into the merciless waters below me.

The soft waves scratched at my sickly pale skin and the obnoxious scent of salt pestered my nostrils. It felt like my little safe bubble had been popped and the sea weaved its way around my body like a serpent. Lucas' panic filled eyes peered into the depths of my water casket, his hand stretched out as a last minute attempt to save my lost soul from the harsh waves' clutches.

Like a wave of relief, I felt soft hands gripping onto my frostbitten body- sending rivalling waves into my blood. I could make out the beings' frantic eyes until they disappeared from my view. Their soft yet slick hair tickled my cheek, sending me odd comfort until a harsh stab was felt on my neck. It felt as though my skin was cracking in sharp bursts of pain as searing hot liquid pooled in my veins like a graceful waterfall.

With one last jolt of pain my body ceased its movement, already lost the war against this intruder and completely shut down. I saw those panic- stricken eyes once more until everything became a pool of black.

Time Skip

I bolted upright and grabbed my throat. I looked around the room, well cabin. I could see every particle of dust that was in this room.

Soon after I had sat up a stunning man with short brown hair and ruby red eyes walked into the room and leant on the door awkwardly. "Hi, I'm Felix and to survive your trip in the ocean you had to change..." he muttered.

"A change?" I ask before slapping a hand over my mouth. My voice now sounded like wind chimes instead of the deep bass voice I was used to. "What happened? Where am I?"

"You're in Princess Kayla's shop and your a vampire." Felix explained. I nodded and he handed me a cup with a red liquid inside. The liquid smelt like Heaven. "Drink it." He said motioning to the cup.

I put the cup to my lips and tipped the cup back and swallowed the entire drink in one gulp. "What is it?" I ask as the drink left a metallic taste and left me craving for more.

"Its blood." He said calmly.

The cup falls from my hand and he speeds over and catches it before it shatters on the ground. "Blood?!" I shriek, disgusted at myself, I had enjoyed drinking blood!

When Felix put his hand on mine to comfort me I was shocked to feel sparks travelling up my arm. "Vampires have mates. They're what you'd call a soul mate and they are made for the other person. You are my mate." Felix explained slowly watching my every move to see how I was taking the information he was giving me.

I nod blankly. "Is this why I feel sparks when you touch me?" I ask him; he rubs the back of my hand in circular movements and it felt really relaxing.

"Yes. That's also why I turned you into a vampire." He clarified.

"So since we are on a ship where are we going?" I as softly as I lean against Felix who wraps an arm around me.

"Spain. We're currently collecting anyone who could potentially have a gift to join out coven. Obviously we would turn them before they fully joined." He sighed and kissed the top of my forehead and looked out the window at the peaceful ocean surrounding us for as far as the eye could see.