"He gon' interact with the wrong kid and catch the zika virus, God forbid." He laughed.

"Shut up. It's a clean place, I know it."

"Mhm, what time you gotta go pick him up?"

"At three-fifty. Wanna take me to go pick him up?"

"Nah, I'm gon' have to skip on y'all today." He scratched the back of his head. "Got some stuff to handle with the shelter."

"That's fine." I waved him off. "Here..." I pushed the box with my bathroom stuff toward him. "You can do my bathroom while I do Chads room."
-
August

After helping Celiné out for about an hour or two, I headed straight home because Lola been blowing up my phone sayin' she wasn't feeling well.

Now why she was still at my crib? I'on know.

When I got home, I walked straight to my room where I knew she'd be.

"Wassup?" I asked her, sitting my keys down on my dresser.

"I woke up this morning and I was about to leave, but I just started throwing up." She sat up off my bed. "I cleaned your bathroom and disinfected it and everything."

"Aight, cool." I nodded. "Did you eat something? What made you throw up?"

"I didn't eat anything." She shook her head. "I'm just gonna lay here for a while."

"You want some medicine?" I sat down next to her and rubbed her stomach.

"No, it'll eventually go away... I been thinking about something." She sat up a little bit more.

"If it got anything to do with drugs I-..."

"It has nothing to do with drugs." She giggled a little bit. "I just been thinking about us."

Damn.

"What about us?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Don't you think it's time we stop playing around? We both single, got nobody else we fucking with and it's obvious we have feelings for each other."

I laughed a little bit. "Lola look, I fuck with you and all, just not on that level."

"What do you mean? Back in the day when we'd get high together you'd always tell me how much you liked me and what not."

"Yea that was back in the day though. Shit done changed and I ain't into you like that no mo'."

"Why not? Is there another girl?" She rose a brow. "Don't lie to me. If there's someone else we can go back to not talking to each other." She threw the blankets off her body and got up.

"What is you gettin' upset for? I thought we agreed on where we stood as friends. Nothing more than that."

"Yea but I thought you'd eventually change your mind." She spoke with full attitude while putting on her shirt. "But that's fine. You don't have to worry about me."

"Aight, aight, sit back down." I grabbed her arm and made her sit back down next to me.

"August, no. I have to go." She was about to get back up until I pulled her back.

"Just two minutes." I looked at her. "I see where you comin' from and I see how I kinda lead you on, just give me some time to think bout this, cool?"

"And how long is that going to be?"

"However long I gotta take." I shrugged. "I don't hop into a relationship with just anybody."

"I'm not just anybody. We've known each other for almost ten years and you telling me you need time? You're lying to me and I know there's another girl. The bitch can have you." She got up and walked off, hearing my front door shut a few seconds after that.

I wasn't feeling bad at all for Lola. I think I don't wanna be with her because I'm lowkey diggin' Celiné. There's something bout her I like, I don't know what is, but she got her own issues right now and the last thing she worried about is finding someone else.
-
Copyright © 2018 YumGucci

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write the publisher, addressed "Attention: Permissions Coordinator,".