Chapter Two

Written by Shelby

* * * *

Addi

The annoying sound of birds screeching woke me up the next morning. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, feeling slightly groggy.  When I swung my legs over the side of my bed, I noticed the small letter on my desk. Memories from yesterday flowed through my head. Perrie and I are going to the Burrow today!

As I rushed to my closet, I noticed I had at least done some packing. My overnight bag was open on the floor, all sorts of clothes and things spilling out of it. I sighed; I can be a bit untidy sometimes.

I quickly threw open my closet door and snatched up some clothes without really looking. As I ran to the bathroom, I grabbed my makeup and a comb.

*  * * *

Thirty minutes later, I emerged from the bathroom, clean and with fresh smelling ‘muggle clothes’ on. I had done my chocolate brown hair in a French braid down my back, and applied light make-up. Now I just needed to have breakfast.

As I skipped down the stairs, I saw a familiar shock of messy jet-black hair.

“Jay?” I asked curiously, cocking my head to the side.

“Hey Addi!” He turned around and grinned at me, then pulled me into a tight hug. Jayden, or Jay as I call him, is my older brother. We usually get along pretty well, but have the occasional argument or two. 

“I thought you were in Romania!” I exclaimed happily; I hadn’t seen him for months. He works with the dragons with his best friend Charlie Weasley, another reason why I know Fred and George.

“Yeah, I was. I came back really late last night, but I have to go back today.” He smiled a sad smile at me after he finished explaining. 

I couldn’t help but show my disappointment. After all, he is my brother and with school, I almost never see him. “But why did you come back then?” 

“That’s classified information.” He winked and threw me a cheeky grin. I just rolled my eyes at him and traipsed over to scan what kind of food I should eat for breakfast. I decided on some healthy looking cereal and poured it into a bowl. 

“Hey, I think you’ve got a letter,” Jay suddenly said. He held up a small white envelope and tossed it to me. It was from Perrie.

Addi,

I am almost ready to head over to the Burrow, tell me when you’re ready so we can go together!

Perrie

“Damn, I’ve got to hurry,” I muttered to myself as I scan over the letter again.

“Hurry for what?” Jay asked innocently with his head in the refrigerator.

“Perrie and I are going to spend a couple of days at the twins’ house. We’re going to see the Quidditch World Cup!” I danced excitedly around the room as a grin spreads across my face. 

“Oh, that’s right,” Jay replied slowly, head still in the fridge. “Do you have a crush on them?”

I froze in my tracks and looked at him incredulously. “What makes you ask that, Jayden?” All trace of excitement and happiness was gone from my voice.

He looked over at me and frowned. I only called him by his full name when I was annoyed at him. “I don’t know…you just seem really happy to see them.”

“They’re my best friends, what am I supposed to do, sulk in a corner?” I replied through gritted teeth. Jay held his hands up in mock surrender, and I run back up to my room, blushing furiously. I hated when he talked to me about crushes; he was way over protective. Besides, he knows that I don’t think of Fred or George as any more than a friend.