Wait...what?

Tony was terrified. Just terrified. Peter was his son. His biological son. He knew this for years after Mary had told him about Peter and warned him to stay away.

Tony did as he was told and stayed away until he simply couldn't. He took him in as an intern so he could keep an eye on him. Peter was a good kid, he was smart. He was funny and he was mainly adorable. But the thing that hurt the most was when his own son looked at him and called him "Mr Stark." Not Tony and definitely not dad.

The first time he met Peter he had to leave pretty quickly claiming he had a meeting to get to but in honestly he broke down in tears. His little boy looked at him as a stranger an it hurt more than anything he had ever endured even Afghanistan!

He remembered when he witnessed Peter's intellectual prowess first hand. He was down in the intern laboratory talking with the lead intern who was completely outright stating that it would take months until he had a complete calculation of the StarkPhones new battery formulas.

Then he heard the lead intern shouting, "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THAT BOARD YOU IDIOT!" Tony turned to see Peter standing next to a board with equations all over it.

"But I fixed it sir, you forgot to factor in the decay rate algorithm and the charge rate. I thought I'd help," said Peter in a small voice.

"DONT YOU THINK YOU STUPID LITTLE TROLL!" roared the intern angrily.

He went to rub out all of Peter's work only to have Tony move the board out of the way.

"HOW DARE TOU SPEAK TO ANYONE LIKE THAT IN MY COMPANY! AND TO A CHILD NO LESS! GET YOUR SHIT AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY TOWER!" roared an angry Tony Stark. The ex-intern gasped in anger but didn't argue and stormed out of the labs. Tony looked at the board and not only did Peter solve the problem but he improved the formulas. This kid was smarter than he thought. He could feel pride bubble up inside him at his son.

"Hey Peter, I'm putting you in charge of this now. You'll report to me," said Tony with a soft smile. Peter nodded looking awkward. The other interns came over and inspected the board before congratulating Peter on solving the problem that they were struggling with, it was clear that he had gained their respect.

Yep that was a very proud day for Tony, he felt a warm sensation in his heart at thinking if his son and how amazing he is. Tony's thoughts were interrupted when he could see the black SUV that Happy drove arrive at the compound.

He felt his nerves grow and they grew even more when Peter got out of the car and assisted his Aunt May in getting out. Happy closed the door to the car and walked over to May allowing her to lean on him instead of her nephew. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder as she wrapped one around his waist. Peter noticed the way they were looking at each other. It was the same way Mr Stark looked at Mrs Stark. Was Happy and May in love? Peter shrugged as they entered the compound.

"Hey Pete," said Tony happily making his way to the door to meet the young teenager.

"Oh hi Mr Stark, Happy said you needed me today. Is it a mission!? Oh is it a new project!?" rambled Peter.

Tony laid a hand on Peter's shoulder and he immediately fell silent.

"Actually I have some....some news I need to tell you....we should go somewhere private," said Tony with fear and uncertainty in his voice. Peter nodded and followed Tony.

"We're gonna go to the garden guys....let you have some space for this," said Happy as he and May walked out of the compound again still holding onto each other.

Peter waved as did Tony and they continued until they made it to the living section of the compound. Peter gaped at what he saw. All the Avengers were sitting on the couch watching the news. It was coverage of Spider-Man stopping a bank robbery. Buy it broke his heart to hear what they had to say.

"Amateur, risking lives just so he can play hero," muttered Captain America. Some of the Avengers nodded in response.

"I don't think so Steve, he may be an amateur but he is still trying. With time he may be a good hero," said Black Widow with a small smile. The Avengers all muttered in agreement. Peter smiled at this.

"Hey guys can we get the room for a minute?" asked Tony loudly.

The Avengers all turned to see Tony with his hand on Peter's shoulder. Peter looked nervous but he still managed to smile and give a polite wave to the Avengers. Some waved back in response but most got up and left the room.

Once they were in the clear Tony gestured to the couch and Peter being Peter jumped over the back of the couch and landed perfectly....on his face. He immediately sat upright and smiled,"Nailed it!"

Tony rolled his eyes and sat down next to Peter clapping a hand onto the kids shoulder in a show of affection.

"Peter...I uh.....I dunno how to say this...." stammered Tony with nervousness lacing his tone.

Peter smiled and placed his hand on the Tony's hand which was still on his shoulder, "You can tell me anything Mr Stark! I won't judge."

Tony couldn't help but marvel at the amount of kindness that Peter possessed within him. He was too damn good for this world.

Tony took a deep breath and looked Peter in the eyes, and somehow it felt easier to speak with him.

"Peter....I am pretty sure you'll hate me forever once I tell you this but I think it's time you knew...." started Tony with hesitancy.

The atmosphere between them had changed palpably and could almost be cut through with a knife. Peter was wondering what it could be that would make him even hate Mr Stark. He could never hate the man, he was basically a father figure to him!

"Peter I'm....your dad," said Tony looking worried.

"Wait....what?" asked Peter looking confused as all hell. Tony gulped the nerves had finally come back.

"Yeah well, I am your dad...your biological dad that is," said Tony feeling fear in his son's reaction.

Peter felt his world tear apart when he was told this, he thought that Richard Parker was his father. How was Mr Stark even in the picture?

"How?" croaked Peter.

Tony felt a pang in his heart,"Your mother and I were together a long time ago. We were in love. But one day she told me that she was....she was pregnant and that she didn't want me....to be apart of your life....I can see her point I'm a fucking mess. But I did as she asked and stayed away watching you grow from a distance never being able to be near you. Then when I saw the opportunity to be closer to you I hired you for the internship! That's when May found out everything. She has been trying for almost a year to get me to tell you but I was....scared....and I am so sorry Pete," sobbed Tony. Tears bucketted down the faces of Peter and Tony.

"You're my dad?" said Peter softly. Tony nodded and wiped away his tears. Then Peter surprised him by jumping up, "YES I HAVE A DAD! Woo Hoo!"

He grabbed onto Tony and hugged him, Tony quickly hugged him back not wanting the moment to ever end.

That was until he heard sniffing behind them and they both broke apart to see the Avengers all watching the interaction with teary eyes.

"That was beautiful," sobbed Sam Wilson as he pulled out a handkerchief and blew his nose.

Tony though was pissed, "I ASKED YOU TO LEAVE AND NOW YOUVE RUINED A PERFECTLY GOOD MOMENT YOU IDIOTS!"

Tony yelled at the Avengers for ten straight minutes until, "DAD LEAVE THEM ALONE! THEY ARE JUST NOSY PARKERS!"

Tony stopped and looked at Peter, "What did you say?" asked Tony softly with a smile.

"Um...." suddenly the ground became more interesting to Peter,"I said Dad."

Peter was engulfed in a hug by Tony in seconds, "I have waited 16 years to hear you call me that!"

Looks like a good family bond was blooming.