Friends

Your perspective;

I watched as Melonie was placed inside the coroner's van. I still couldn't believe any of this. Nothing like this ever happened in Valentine, the most exciting thing to ever happen here was when Mr. Redford won the lottery. I was never particularly close to Melonie Baker but she WAS a great friend. Miss Baker was obviously taking things pretty hard, I can't imagine what she's going through right now. I wanted to ask her how she was feeling but what would I say. There she stood, on the curb, watching them take her daughter's corpse away. The rainy weather added to the depressing mood.

Ayumi: It's okay Mr. Sexy, she's soaring past the stars as we speak. Her soul has moved on.

Hearing that cheered me up slightly but it felt like a lie. Like something adults tell each other to help cheer themselves up in times of grieving. I still wasn't one hundred percent sure that Ayumi was an Angel. I've never seen one, so why now? Those wings though, and her undeniable strength.

Ayumi: Mr. Sexy? (Y/n)?

You: Cmon, let's go home. I'm tired of answering pointless questions.

We began our journey back to the house. It was almost 12:00 am and the rain seemed to have no intention of letting up. Ayumi held my hand unexpectedly causing my cheeks to flare up. Her touch was so warm, I can't really explain it. It was like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

You: So...if you're an Angel...then why are you following me around? Why haven't I ever seen you before? You said you were my guardian.

Ayumi: I am your guardian! I, Ayumi Hisae Jitsuko, am to watch over (Y/n) (L/n) as long as he shall live! Us Angels are typically not seen by the human eye but somehow my image is being perceived on Earth. A couple of days ago, I noticed that I was no longer invisible to the human eye, it's a strange one. I stopped receiving orders from my brothers and sisters so I decided to continue my duty of protecting you!

You: ...But I can see you?

Ayumi: Correct!

You: Um, we should get out of the rain...

All of this is just too much to take in. If what she was saying is true then.....what do I do? She insists on protecting me, so how do I live my everyday life with my very own guardian Angel?

(Time skip)

When we finally got home I was half asleep. Somewhere along the way I found myself being dragged by Ayumi. The walk home felt longer then usual, I guess because of the circumstances. Anyway, nothing could prepare me for what I was about to see upon opening my front door. I inserted the key before opening up to.....church?

Leahy: You're back! Welcome my lady, I pray your trip was pleasant?

My entire living room had been transformed into the house of God. All the lights had been replaced with scented candles and the aroma of frankincense lingered about prominently. That wasn't even the weirdest part, the weirdest part was what Leahy currently had on.