~Senses~

Another day at Midtown High, and Tessa was walking the hallways again, searching for her locker, when suddenly she heard a loud sound. She looked towards the sound but it stopped. Everything seemed to be going slowly all of the sudden, and she looked around nervously. The sound heard again, and she looked to a locker where a quiet, almost completely silent, whimper was heard. She looked around again before walking to the locker. When no one was looking, she tried to think about the lock opening, hoping her telekinesis would make it open. And it did, the lock clicking open with a swing. She opened the locker and saw a small boy, probably around 14 years old, looking extremely scared.

"Who put you in here?" Tessa asked, helping the boy out. He told
her a guy named Flash had done it, then he ran away to get to his
class. Tessa shrugged and went to her own locker, once again
finding Peter at his. She glanced at him, trying to see what joke his shirt said this time. Se didn't like to admit it, but she always checked his shirt, having a good laugh from some of the science jokes they had.

Today it said, "4. Find X,„ and then a triangle was shown, with a nubmer for two of the sides, the third side called 'X'. A red circle had been drawn around the X with a small note saying, "I found it.„

Tessa smiled and turned back to her locker, opening it, when suddenly everything seemed to become slower again. She looked around, hearing laughter from people who were way too far away for her to being supposed to hear it. She then felt some wind slowly blow on her left side and turned around, a hand in the air.

Before she knew it, a fist had collided with her hand, and had stopped mid air. She saw Flash, a boy who was constantly bullying Peter, look at her weirdly. She just stared at their hands, wondering if this was a new power.

Again, she felt wind push towards her stomach. She out up a hand, and Flash's other hand was now also caught. She smiled triumphantly and twisted both his hands, as he looked completely puzzled. She then pushed him away, and he fell to the ground, hitting the lockers across the hall. He scrambled up and ran away quickly, and Peter looked at Tessa curiously. He had sensed the punch, yes, but never had he thought Tessa would could sense it. He could only sense it because of his Spider-Sense, where as she had no superpowers.

Or so he thought.
"Wow. I owe you one," Peter said, trying to start conversation. Tessa smiled warmly.

"Don't think about it. You could've probably taken him down by yourself anyways," Tessa replied, almost shyly.

"No. No, I really could not," Peter said, shaking his head and laughing. Tessa giggled and closed her locker.

"Don't think so low of yourself, Peter," she said, and walked away, as he stared at her in awe. When she turned a corner, he went back to grab his books, wanting to get to Science class early, so he could sit next to Tessa again.

When Tessa was far enough away from Peter, she had pulled out her phone and texted Tony, saying,

"New power: Super senses, I think.„

"Keep up the good work, and you might soon be an Avenger!„ Tony replied, and Tessa smiled widely, ready to take on the day.

"So let me get this straight," Michelle began at lunch, Tessa just having told her about her new power. "You have telekinesis and super senses now?"

"Yup," Tessa replied, taking a bite of Michelle's sandwich. "Isn't it awesome!" "When are you gonna use these powers on something useful?" Michelle asked.

"I am using them on something useful! I helped a kid out of Flash's locker earlier, and I can do this," Tessa said, making Michelle's sandwich fly out of her hand and into Tessa's. She took a bite and let it fly back into Michelle's hand.

"Okay, I'll admit, that was cool. But it was my food you stole there, so I'm not gonna praise," Michelle said, taking out her sketchbook. Tessa did the same and continued her drawing of a tiger. A purple tiger.

"Nice tiger," a voice said from behind, and Tessa jumped. She turned around and saw Peter and Ned, Peter sitting down next to Tessa and Ned next to Michelle again. Tessa raised an eyebrow as Peter looked at her drawing. "Why purple, though?"

"Why not?" Tessa answered and Peter smiled, looking at her, his soft blue eyes making Tessa stunned for a second.

"Fair enough," he answered, and started eating his food. Tessa watched him at first, still stunned, but quickly recovered and continued drawing, trying to hide her blush.

While all this was happening, Ned and Michelle was watching the two with 'really?' kind of expressions.

"I swear, if you guys don't kiss each other soon, I don't believe in love," Michelle said, and Peter and Tessa looked at her with confused glances, though, Tessa was mostly glaring at her.

"C'mon, guys, it's obvious you like each other," Ned said, and suddenly Tessa heard a banging. Like a heart beating. She tried to locate the sound, and found out it came from Peter's chest. She could hear his heartbeat. It was fastening slightly, meaning he was probably very nervous.

"Ned," Peter said quietly, and Michelle smirked.

"Not denying it," she pointed out and Peter blushed, looking down at his phone. Tessa could hear his heartbeat quicken, and she placed a hand on his to calm him down.

Peter looked up at her, and to Tessa's suprise, his heartbeat only fastened even more, to the point she thought it would jump out his chest. He seemed to be thinking the same, as he slowly put a hand to his chest, looking down at his shirt nervously. Tessa removed her hand from his and his heartbeat slowly calmed down a bit.

"Are you guys even listening?" Ned said, bringing both Tessa and Peter back to reality. They looked at him with apologetic looks. "Ugh, fine, I'll explain again—"

"No. Ned, I'm sorry, but I gotta get to class," Tessa excused herself. Michelle looked at her with furrowed eyebrows and a suspicious look.

"Class doesn't start till 20 minutes. What ya' gonna do in the mean time?" Michelle asked, and Tessa looked at her with a are-you-serious-right-now look.

"I have to make a call to a friend. He loves... Star... fish..." Tessa said, hoping Michelle would catch on.

"Fine. Go call your boss about your super drawings," Michelle said, and Tessa mentally thanked her. She ran outside and called Tony Stark.
"Tony Stark at Stark Industries?"
"Yes! Sir, it's Tessa. I have to talk to you," Tessa said quickly, happy he picked up at first call."Tessa! What's this about? Your powers?"

"Yes, sir. The senses... They're getting out of control. I don't know how to control it," Tessa explained.

"Just try to relax. If you think about it, it'll probably only get worse. Listen, I'll send Happy to pick you up right now, and I'll message your teachers, saying you've been excused to leave classes for the rest of the day. Then I expect to see you here soon, okay?"

"Yes, sir. Thank you," Tessa replied, and hung up. Only a couple minutes later did a black car pull up and Tessa sat inside, the man, Happy Hogan, driving the car to Stark Industries.