~Powers~

Tessa walked around the corner of the school, tugging at her skirt nervously. It was now Wednesday, and she had just had another cheer practice. A feeling in her gut told her to hurry home, so she decided to take a short cut.

With nervousity bubbling in her stomach,she walked quickly through the parking lot of the school, when suddenly a school bus next to her was blasted off its wheels.Tessa shrieked and ducked, as a blue ray,light was shot right over her head. When it disappeared, a black, burnt spot was on the bus behind her. She looked for the source of the laser and saw a tall boy with dark brown hair, dark skind, and dark blue eyes. She crinkled her nose and tried to see if she could recognise him, but no images popped up.

He shot another light at her, and she rolled away just in time, throwing her bagpack away in the process. She ran along the busses, trying to get him lost, but he followed her, getting closer to her with every step.

She turned another corner, only to find him right in front of her.

He was about to shoot another ray of blue-whiteish light at her, but she put a hand over his machine, the blue light shooting into her hand. She screamed, as blue light glowed through her veins up her arm and all the way up her neck. The boy smirked, his eyes turning the same white-blue color.

He then pulled his finger from the trigger, and the blue light went back into the gun, but Tessa's veins remained that color, as she dropped to the ground unconsciously.

The boy smirked and jumped up into the air, a pair of dark, hawk like wings forming on his back, and then he flew away, leaving Tessa there.

It didn't take long before Spider-Man came, as he had seen the light and had hurried over there, but when he came, he realized it was too late. He sighed and pulled off his mask, groaning.

"Of course I was too late. Oh, please let their be no dead bodies," he muttered, as he looked under each bus, trying to find any form of human being.

He then spotted Tessa and quickly pulled on his mask again, before walking up to her.

"Oh shit," he muttered. Luckily, the white blue color was gone from her veins, so he didn't see the actual damage. He just put two fingers on her neck to check if she had a pulse.

Dunk. Dunk.

He sighed in relief and helped her sit up, as she stirred a bit. "Wake up," he said, and her eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Spider-Man?" She asked, her eyes falling shut again. She fell forward, but Spider-Man grabbed her, pushing her against the bus again.

"Woah, okay. Yes, it's me again. Why do you always get in danger recently? Is it a new hobby?" He asked, as she opened her eyes again slightly.

"Why are you here?" She asked, her voice hoarse.

"Well, the blue light that shot up into the sky wasn't exactly discreet, was it?" He joked, earning a faint smile from Tessa.

"It looked cool," she muttered, remembering her veins when the light shot into her hand. Spider-Man snickered.

"Yeah. It did. But what's not cool, is that you're hurt. Maybe a concussion, I'm not sure. I'm not a doctor. But I know someone who's quite good at this stuff," Spider-Man muttered, then gently took Tessa into his arms. He held her bridal style, and shot a web onto the roof of the school which was quite high.

"Hold on tight," he muttered, then jumped and let the web carry him through the air with Tessa in his arms.

They quickly reached a tall, silver, high tec building, and Spider-Man jumped in the window at Tony Stark's office.

"Peter? What are you — who is that?" Tony asked sharply upon seeing Spider-Man carry Tessa in. Once again, she had closed her eyes and tried not to fall asleep. But it was hard, no denying.

"Hey, uhm, sorry to interrupt, but I think you should check this girl out. She just got hit by some blue light, and she doesn't seem like herself," Spider-Man said, laying her down on Tony's desk.
Tony placed a finger on his earphone and muttered something, then took out a pair of glasses and a bright flashlight.

He put on the glasses and held Tessa's eyes open, flashing the light on them, seeing if her pupils reacted to the light, or if she followed it. He muttered a small, "mhm," then used the flashlight to look at her arm.

Spider-Man tried to steal glances at Tessa, but Tony made sure he couldn't see her. Then, after her had checked her arm, his face dropped and he turned to Spider-Man.

"Peter, go home. I'll take care of her, just go home," Tony told Spider-Man sternly. "What? No! She's my friend, I can't leave her," Spider-Man defended.

"Peter. Go home," Tony repeated, and Spider-Man saw in his expression that there was no arguing. This was serious. He sighed and jumped out the window, using his webs to get home quickly.

When Spider-Man was gone, Tony turned back to Tessa and looked at her with curious eyes.

"What powers have you obtained from that blaster?" Tony muttered, flashing the light on her arm to see her veins turn a light blue color.