Second best dressed

I put on an outfit that was a bit better suited to running this time, I wonder if things are more calm tonight. Last night was crazy, that thing with Springtrap really threw me off my game.

What am I saying? Things only get worse throughout the week, I remember that much. Even if trauma might impede a fraction of my ability to recall events from back then...

Flashback

"Welcome to your last night at fazzbear entertainment." Sam says happily and I scoff, how can he still act so cheery. It's like he didn't even tell me on the second night he was surprised I survived the first.

"Trust me, I'll be coming back" I say with a competitive tone. This is the most interesting job I've had in 3 years since I worked at a graveyard, there was a surprising amount of grave robbing. But now I know I can survive this place... I can figure out what the hell is going on here.

"Really? Most people don't even make it to 2am before submitting their application to leave" He says and I shrug my shoulders. I've done more self destructive things in my life. At least this has mysteries I feel the need to uncover.

"What can I say, I'm a bit stubborn" I say and he hums in agreement, pulling out a sponge and a Freddy mask.

"Well here is your sponge- I was told the bathrooms are in need of cleaning" he says handing me the sponge and the mask. Ah right. Almost forgot we have an actual job.

Flashback over

I make it to the pizzeria at 11:50 and I see Sam with some girl. Another night guard? Gizzy survived the night so I don't see why it would be another night guard. I walk over to the pair, a little confused.

"Hey... are you the new janitor or..." I trail off, looking between her and Sam for some sort of explanation.  Sam shakes his head, putting his arm around her shoulders causally.

"This is Hayley. She's... one of my friends so I thought she could come along for a night since Gizzy is busy tonight" Sam says and I frown. It's weird seeing Sam being actually genuinely affectionate with someone. He always seemed a bit inhuman when it came to interactions with other people.

"I'm Alia. Have you worked night shift here before?" I ask hopeful that Sam didn't bring someone who doesn't know what they are doing here. But at the same time I don't know how much hope I can really have anymore after all the things Sam has done which seem entirely unexplainable to me.

"No, it's my first time" she says and I run my hand through my hair, closing my eyes for a moment as I mentally process what the next 6 hours are going to be like for me and this poor girl.

"Really, Sam? Seriously?... okay let's get in there before 12. Wouldn't want them to start the party without us" I say, subverting my glare and rolling my shoulders as we make our way towards the front door. Sam unlocks the door to the Pizzeria, stepping to the side to let the both of us in.

"Welcome to Freddy Fazbears pizzeria!" Sam says in his cheery customer service voice. I don't know why Sam continues to act like nothing is ever wrong but if that's what keeps him sane then I guess you've got to do what you've got to do.

It's not like my sanity is doing any better than his so I guess I can't fault him for trying... he's been at this a lot longer than me... I can hardly imagine what he was like on his first day as a night guard. Probably an entirely different person. This place tends to change people like that...

"Oh and Lia! Speaking of janitor- we did get a new one" he says, knocking me with his elbow as he walks past me towards the main party room. I groan, hurrying after him with the new girl behind me.