Night 1

Published: January 2019

"Hey!" I call out, approaching my 'coworker' who I haven't seen in a very long time. He's with someone I don't recognise but I assume they are the second night guard.

Sam turns around smiling, adjusting his fluffy hair with one finger twirling around a loose strand like he had no cares in the world.

"Oh- hello Alia" he says with an enthusiastic tone yet a laid back demeanour which was an all too familiar throwback for me as an ex-night guard. I look to the person he was talking to before I got here, tilting my head to the side.

"Oh yeah- Gizzy. I forgot to mention, Lia is going to be joining us for this shift." Sam says, anticipating my question before I can say it. He looks back towards the pizzeria which stood as an ominous backdrop to our conversation.

"A-are you sure that's a good idea Sam... you know it's kinda dangerous." Gizzy questions with a concerned undertone which was a similar throwback from when talking with 'undertones' and loose metaphors was the only way to talk about what went on in the restaurant in public.

However Sam just shakes his head dismissively, waving his all too pale hand around carelessly in his male coworkers face.

"Now that's just impossible-"

"Really! Are you still in denial?" Gizzy hisses and Sam shakes his head once more, placing his hand on Gizzy's shoulder, shaking him slightly which wasn't too difficult since neither of the boys looked like they had much when it came to centre of gravity. Ironic since much of survival in this line of work involves physical strain.

"We have nothing to worry about. Plus she's worked at the previous Freddy fasbears place so she knows all the tricks of the trade. Isn't that right?" Sam asks and I nod, throwing up an awkward thumbs up. If tricks of the trade mean that I'm desensitised enough to the prospect of a horrible death that I can think fast, then yes.

"Yeah I guess. You kinda have to be a quick learner when animatronics are chasing you for 6 hours." I say, shoving my hands into my jacket pockets while I notice Gizzy's expression turn from a concerned one to more confused.

"So let me get this straight, you've been here before, you know what happens here, and you came back willingly?" He asks in disbelief and with maybe a hint of disappointment. Which is fair. I make rather disappointing decisions in general.

"Mhm- I left for a while so I'm a little rusty but I do enjoy the thrill of it all- except of course when Springtrap would chase me down the hallways and lock me out of the security room but, at least he isn't here." I say with a relieved tone, breathing out comfortably as I remember some of the horrible things that happened last time I worked with Sam. But at least the normal animatronics aren't that bad.

"Ah right... about that." Sam starts his sentence with an uncomfortable smile, looking to Gizzy for support who just laughs with similar social awkwardness.

"Yeah- Springtrap was relocated here- but we have so much new safety here, I give you my little guarantee nothing bad will happen." Sam says with his customer service grin, placing a hand over his heart like he was swearing to some higher power. I scoff at his action- you've got to be kidding me.

"Little guarantee Sam, seriously?" I ask, a frustrated involuntary twitch of my face being the only thing that clues my former boss in on how utterly angry, scared and generally uncomfortable I am with this fact. Not only that but with the shitty way he's gone about telling me- just before we are supposed to go inside as well.

"Yup! It's so little you can put it in your pocket and save it for later." he says sarcastically, patting the side of my face in a faux encouraging action. I roll my eyes, swallowing my frustration. Can't be distracted when we start the shift or I might die.