I shivered slightly as I made my way to the closet and opened it. My eyes immediately gravitated towards Toby's clothes, particularly a warm looking hoodie. I pondered the consequences of stealing it, but I must have pondered for too long.

Because as I stood in front of the closet, wearing nothing but my undergarments and a thin tank top, I became so lost in my thoughts that someone was able to enter to room and it wasn't until I heard the door shut that I realized I wasn't alone.

I jumped, my heart rate accelerating, and turned around towards the door.

"Ah! Toby!" I squealed, my eyes widening.

I pulled down my tank top as much as I could as I hoped for the floor to crumble beneath me and take me with it.

Toby was frozen.

We both stood, waiting for the other to make a move.

Finally, Toby coughed violently and removed his jacket. Then he shuffled towards me and extended it in my direction.

"U-uh h-here..." he mumbled, eyes looking everywhere but at me.

I gulped and grabbed the jacket shakily. Then I put it on.

"Thanks," I managed to squeak out.

Toby nodded his head before turning around and going to the dresser. I watched as he pulled open the middle drawer and took out a pair of basketball shorts. Then he came towards me again, and handed them to me.

I put the basketball shorts on too and managed to let out another 'thanks'. Then Toby sighed and walked back towards the door. He took off his shoes, set his hatchets down, and put his goggles as well as his mouth guard on top of the dresser.

I realized I should do something besides stand there and watch, so I shuffled over to the bed and slid in. Then I buried myself under the covers, trying to hide my burning face.

Toby took off his pants, now just in boxers and shirt, and slid into the bed beside me.

"I-I'm sorry," he said after a few minutes of silence.

"It's okay. I probably should have locked the door or changed in the bathroom instead," I replied.

After another few moments of silence, Toby cleared his throat.

"Are y-you embar-barrassed?" He asked.

My head was screaming 'yes', but I took a second to think it over.

"I think I'd be more embarrassed if it was someone else. But because it was you, I don't feel as embarrassed," I answered.

"W-why's that-t?" He questioned.

I thought for a moment. What made it less embarrassing for Toby to walk in on me?

"I think it's because I trust you more? I think I'm closer to you than the others so that's why," I explained, suddenly feeling very cold.

Toby must have been psychic or something, because he asked me, "Are y-you co-cold?"

"Yeah, a little," I admitted, wrapping my arms around myself.

Before I could think of anything else, Toby gently pulled me towards him and wrapped his arms around me, then buried his head in my neck.

I was thankful for the dark room at that point because I was sure my face was redder than a fire truck.

"B-better?" He asked.

I simply nodded my head, afraid that my words would give away the sea of emotions I was experiencing.

Security.

Warmth.

Happiness.

And a want for it to never end.

•••••
1246 words

Hi! So it's been a while. Oof.

Anyway, I think I just really needed a break. Before, I had so much writers block and no matter how long I stared at the screen, I couldn't think of anything. But after a few weeks away, I was able to type up a whole chapter without struggle right away. : D

Also this isn't really important but I'm going to share it with you guys anyway. So usually when I write these chapters, I don't listen to music. There's not really a reason for it, I just never thought to do it I guess. But today I decided to put on some Pandora and write. Soooo, from now on I'm going to try to play some music while I write and maybe that will help. I'm also going to share the station I listened to while writing in case any of you want to check it out, because I don't know, maybe it will help you? I don't know, but I'm still going to do it XD

So yeah, today I listened to "Easy Listening Radio" which was inspired by my art teacher who always plays that type of music during class XD

I'd really appreciate any feedback you guys have to share or just any general comments or ideas or whatever really.

Did you like the chapter?

And yeah, I'm going to end this here before I type too much lol XD

Unedited