A What?

Proof/Edited by: ethereal_hearts3

Third POV

It was a nice and clear day as the straw hats sailed in the sea with the Thousand Sunny. Everyone in the crew were doing their own usual activities. Franky was in his workshop inventing something new for the ship. Zoro was up in the crow's nest; training his body. Brook was playing violin in a corner of the ship. Sanji was preparing some snacks for Nami and Robin; who were bathing under the sun while reading some books. Usopp and Chopper were in the middle of the Sunny playing together. And our lovely captain Luffy was sitting on the head of the Sunny, looking at the clouds, thinking.

Just then, a cloud in the form of a musical note was high above the sky. This cloud was surrounded by three other clouds; one in the form of a straw hat, one of a top hat, and the other one that somewhat resembled a flame. Luffy started to remember someone who really liked music, just as much as Brook, someone as smart as Robin and fun to play with like Usopp and Chopper.

Luffy then started to wonder how that person was. Who, you might be asking? Well, his sister of course! It has been years since he last saw her. He just hopes that she is alright and that she's having great adventures, like he and his brother promised each other when they went out to the sea.

"Luffy!!" Usopp yelled to get his captain's attention

"Are you okay? We've been trying to get your attention for a while now. Sanji made lunch for everyone!" said the little reindeer

"Ah! Really? I hadn't heard anything" Luffy responded

Usopp and Chopper looked at each other with a confused expression. Luffy not hearing the magic word of food? Now that is strange.

"Well anyway, I am not that hungry. You guys go on ahead and eat, I'll be there later" said Luffy as he looked at his crewmates with a smile on his face.

Now that was even weirder. Luffy not hungry? What is happening? Have they entered a strange parallel word or something? Is he sick? Or even worse!! Is Luffy reaching his end?!

Once again, the doctor and the sniper looked at each other, then at Luffy, then back at each other, waiting for something to happen. Was it a joke?

"W-well anyway, we will be waiting with a big piece of meat just for you" replied Usopp as he headed, along with Chopper, towards the kitchen to eat with the rest of the crew

Once inside, Usopp and Chopper gave the crew a strange face that startled everyone and made them all panic.

"What?! What is it? Is it a marine ship?" Nami asked with a worried expression

"Is it a pirate ship that wants to fight?" asked Zoro, excitingly reaching for his katanas

"Is it a boat filled with beautiful ladies?!" asked Sanji, dancing and with hearts as eyes

"I-it's nothing like that. It's about Luffy" Usopp answered

"Luffy?! What happened? Is he okay?!" said Franky, now ready to help his captain in anything

"Did he fall into the sea?!?" asked Brook with a terrified expression on his face

"No, it's worse than that. I think that he is not feeling well and I am worried that I can't help him" responded Chopper

"What is it Chopper? Is something wrong with Luffy? What do you mean?" said Robin

"...We think it's worse than an illness or even death" Usopp said this time.

'Worse than death? What could be worse than death?' Everyone asked themselves

"Luffy is..." Usopp began

"LUFFY IS NOT HUNGRY!!!" yelled Usopp and Chopper at the same time.

There was a long pause in the air as everyone tried to process the information that was given to them.

"E-EH?!" "EEEEEEEHHHHHHHHH?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!!?!?"

"What do you mean Luffy is not hungry?!? Are you joking or something?!" Nami said shaking Usopp with an angry aura around her.

"I-it's just as we said. Luffy said he didn't want to eat; that he was not hungry" Usopp replied

"Stop joking around you two. Luffy? Not hungry?? Don't make me laugh" Sanji said to both of them.

"We are not joking around! Go out and ask him yourself!!" said Chopper, trying to get them to believe Usopp and him.

Then, everyone watched as Sanji went out of the kitchen and towards their captain, attempting to prove Usopp and Chopper wrong.

"Oi, Luffy, the food is ready! Get down from there!" Sanji yelled

"Oh, Sanji! It's okay, I am not hungry right now. Go and let everyone start eating. I'll eat later or something!" Luffy responded to his cook while still looking up at the clouds.

'Eh, what?? Luffy just rejected food, and food made by Sanji no less' everyone thought

"L-luffy, stop playing and get down from there. See, everyone's waiting for you, ne?" Nami said, trying to make sense of the situation.

"Eh? What's the big idea? I'm just not hungry right now" Luffy spoke, now looking at his crew

"Luffy, is something on your mind? You know you can tell us, right?" Robin said with a kind voice, trying to get her captain to open up to them.

"W-well, I was just thinking about something" Luffy said looking away from the crew

"Something or someone?" asked Robin, once again trying to get him to open up to his friends.

Luffy was still not looking at his crew. He was puffing out his cheeks.

"Luffy-san, you can trust us. We are your friends after all. Yohoho!" this time said Brook

"Yeah, that's right Luffy. You can tell us anything" "Yeah, anything" said Usopp and Chopper.

"That's right, Luffy, no matter what, we will always be by your side" said Robin

After a while, Luffy gave in and started to talk.

"Well, I am thinking about someone" Luffy said looking at the ground

"Are you thinking about your brother, Luffy?" Nami said with worry in her voice

"Is it Sabo-kun?" asked Robin

"Not exactly" responded Luffy

"Could it be your other brother, Ace?" Franky asked, looking at everyone else in case they needed to console their captain.

"It's not him either" said Luffy

"Your grandpa?" asked Sanji, knowing well who he was

"No, not him" responded Luffy

'Could it be? Is Luffy thinking about his father?'

"Well, who is it that you are thinking about Luffy? Is it your dad?" asked Usopp, getting anxious

"W-well, it's actually..." Luffy said, but lowered his voice at the end.

"Huh? Could you say that again, Luffy? We couldn't hear that last part" said Franky, trying to get closer.

"M-my..." Luffy once again lowered his voice.

"It's okay Luffy-san, take your time" "That's right Luffy" said both Brook and Robin

Everyone waited patiently for their captain and friend to reply. And so, with a big breath, he looked at everyone and said with a confident voice

"I am thinking about my sister!!" Luffy said to his crew with a blank face

'Eh?' There was a pause and silence as everyone just stared at Luffy as if waiting for him to say it was all a joke.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOUR SISTER?!?!?!?"

And so, in that moment, everyone found out about the mystery that the captain had hid.