Chapter 26 - Falling In Place

During lunch, Ramsley asked me to get her history textbook back from Nathan in the weights room because she has to use the bathroom and she wants to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, so I thought fuck it, whatever.

I go up to the weights class room and I peek inside to see Nathan and Wade y'know...lifting. Their backs is turned to the door and a bunch of weight shit is slightly blocking my view of them, but that's good because I don't want to see...them.

I'm not an expert on weights, but I think he's powerlifting. I don't know, but I open the door to walk in, but I don't walk in, I fucking stop in my steps because Kelly-Fucking-Briggs just comes out of noooowhere!

She doesn't deserve much attention, but what you should know is that she is BEHIND Ramsley. She's the next fucking princess in line.

They're not that far from me, it's not that big of a weight room, I can slightly hear everything they're saying. Kelly I like touching Nathan's hair and she's mentioning Wade's party because I guess news travels fast and Wade gives her a disgusted look. Guess he doesn't want her to go to the party.

..... Why am I eavesdropping like this, just fucking drop off the fucking textbook Charlie and go on your merry way!

I nod to myself and I step in, leaving the door to slowly close by itself. It's quiet, so its fine.

I approach them just in time for Kelly to lean down and kiss him.

THUD!

I recoil, Wade's eyes meets mine and he clamps his hand over his mouth, and Kelly jumps back from Nathan, screaming in reaction to the fact that I unintentionally dropped his book. Nathan's eyes widens and he looks at me incredibly speechless.

I feel my heart pound hard against my chest and my blood start to boil as I try to relax and NOT beat the SHIT out of Kelly and Nathan.

I'm holding back the URGE to just fucking ATTACK, but I'm also trying to calm down and be nonchalant because I'm not fucking dating Nathan. I did noooot expect to walk in and see that—welll.. It IS Kelly Briggs, you gotta have to expect it... But interesting!

Jealous? Angry? Upset?

I'm not jealous, I'm a bit.... I'm a bit heated.

I'm pissed at myself for feeling angry about Nathan kissing Kelly and also pissed at myself again for fucking liking this fucking idiot.

A Virginator stays a Virginator, that's just the way things happen.

"Ch-Charlie!" Nathan finally speaks, jumping up from his....benchpress seat and giving me a whiff of his odor.

I fan myself, giving him a blank look. "I brought your textbook."

"Charlie, it's not what it-"

"I'm glad that you finally gave up in trying to be my boyfriend." I say quickly. "Thanks."

Before he can open his mouth again, I spin around on my heels and walk off.

I'm not dating Nathan, so I shouldn't caaaare...so much. I knew that he wasn't serious about the whole "playing games" shit, so he can do whatever he wants.

-

-

-

I park next to the curb on Wade's property. I didn't know he lives in a one story house, I actually dislike one story houses. Everything is basically on one floor and you don't really have much privacy because anybody can take 3 steps down the hall to get to your room.