Chapter 7: one step closer is one step deeper

Start from the beginning

“You were screaming, I ran in to see if you were alright, but I saw you were still asleep. I guess you were having a bed dream so I tried to wake you but you just kept screaming ‘get off me’ then-“ Dean trailed off and looked down at himself to show me what happened. I felt lightheaded.

“I did this?” I asked him, hoping it wasn’t what I thought. Dean looked up at me and nodded.

“You didn’t even touch me.” He told me and I felt a wave of shock wash over me. It wasn’t just in my dream, I did it in real life. I guess my powers were surfacing. Meaning I was running out of time. Dean probably thought I was a freak. I went to place my hand on Dean's face but stopped myself, he probably didn’t want me to touch him after what I had just done. He looked down at my hand and then back up at me, reading my thoughts. He grabbed my hand and laced his fingers in mine. “It’s okay.” He reassured me calmly. How could he say that? How could he be okay about this?

Suddenly someone ran through my bedroom door and both Dean and I turned to see Sam come in, quickly followed by Bobby. They looked down at us. “What the hell happened?” Sam asked us. I opened my mouth to admit what I had done, but Dean beat me to it.

“Nic was just having a bad dream and after I woke her up I fell over her shoe.” Dean lied. I snapped my head in his direction, but tried to conceal my shock.

“Badass hunter, but is defeated by a shoe. Idjit.” Bobby laughed and the brothers chucked. Dean shrugged but squeezed my hand to make sure I was okay. I forced a smile then let go of Dean’s hand to get to my feet. Once I was up, I held out my hand for Dean to take. He did and I helped him up.

“Alright, well boys I’m okay so how bout we all go back to sleep.” I suggested, managing to keep my voice calm. Bobby and Sam nodded and walked out the room. Dean walked towards the door to leave but instead closed and locked it. He faced me and I gave him a confused look.

“Are you okay?” He asked me.

“I’m fine,” I answered quickly, not comfortable with the conversation, “I know you are probably wondering how I did that and I should tell you-“ I felt myself getting emotional as my dream came flooding back. Dean shook his head and in record time was standing centimetres in front of me.

“Not right now.” He replied. I nodded my head and sighed. Dean placed his thumb under my chin and pushed it up so I was looking into his eyes. “Get some sleep.” He stared into my eyes for a little while longer than he should have then walked to the door, unlocked it, and left, leaving me just standing there.

______________________________________

“Sleep well?” Sam asked me when I came down the stairs.

“Yeah, pretty well I guess.” I replied politely.

“No more bad dreams?” Bobby asked me. I rolled my eyes.

“I’m not a child guys, and no, no more bad dream.” I told both of them. I heard the stairs creek and turned to see Dean lazily making his way down them.

“Morning sunshine.’ Bobby mocked Dean with, earning a chuckle from Sam and I. Dean just glared playfully.

“So got any leads on Hamilton?” Dean asked Bobby. Bobby placed his coffee cup down and leaned against the kitchen counter top.

“Well I got mostly nothing, your dad likes to keep his where a bouts secret,” Bobby directed at me, I knew that already, “But quite a good friend of Antony’s said he last saw him in Knoxville, Iowa a week or so ago.”

“It’s a good start.” Sam remarked.

“Yeah, we can see if we can find his car and see if there are any clues about where he was taken.” Dean agreed with Sam and I nodded.