Chapter 7: one step closer is one step deeper

By the time we’d got back to Bobby’s it was pretty late. All the lights were off and the house was deadly silent, I guess Bobby’s not a party animal. We tip-toed upstairs and to our rooms. I felt like a teenager coming back from a party late and not wanting to wake up their parents. I quickly got changed into my pjs which took a lot more effort as I had blurry vision then jumped into bed. It was surprisingly comfortable, better than any of the cheap motel beds I had slept in for sure. Damn, we should come visit Bobby more often. Almost as soon as my head hit my pillow I was out for the count.

Dream:

My eyes snapped open when I felt someone touch my shoulder. I grabbed for the gun under my pillow by instinct. “That will not do much.” I heard Amitiel inform me. I looked up at her.

“You?” I asked, surprised it wasn’t Belphie.

“Yes, it is I, I am sure you are surprised by my appearance in your dream as Belphegor has better control over them, however I managed to get through.” Amitiel explained to me. I spun my leg over the edge of the bed and sat up.

“What do you want?” I asked her, bitterness in my voice as I knew her kind had taken my dad. Amitiel shifted her feet, looking slightly uncomfortable.

“I have been sent to explain our actions which you have recently found out about.” Amitiel answered. I clenched my jaws.

“You mean kidnapping my father. Yeah, you do have a lot of explaining to do.” I told her, crossing my arms.

“It was necessary.” Amitiel replied, wow, that’s some explanation.

“Why?” I questioned her. She brought her eyebrows in slightly.

“It was God’s word.” She responded with. I raised an eyebrow remembering what Belphie had told me about the angels blindly following what they thought was ‘God’s word.’

“Is that what you think?”  I asked. She tilted her head slightly.

“Of course.” She said without a trace of doubt in her voice. Suddenly a high pitched noise appeared, growing louder and louder until the room seemed to be shaking. I saw Amitiel nodding her head like someone was saying something to her, but I couldn't hear anything over the sound. The sound soon stopped and a man appeared beside Amitiel. I jumped to my feet in response. The man was probably around mid 30s, he had brown hair to match his brown eyes. He had a black suit on and looked way to smart to be anywhere but a high-stake business deal. Due to his entrance, I knew he was an angel. Meaning, he was automatically not to be trusted.

“Who the hell are you?” I asked him, meaning to sound rude. He raised his eyebrows at my lack of manners but I didn’t back down. 

“My name is Raguel child.” The angel told me. Oh holy HELL no. My hands clenched into fists and I felt my lips curl into a disgusted look.

“You.” I said in a whisper before feeling the anger become uncontrollable, “You’re the one who kidnapped my father, you son of a bitch!” I lunged towards me but he caught me in his arms and held me firm so I couldn’t move. I squirmed, trying to get a decent punch in, but it was like I was an ant attacking an elephant. Useless. I stopped fighting and just pushed him off of me.

“I do not have a mother, but if I did, she would certainly not be a female canine.” Raguel informed me, I couldn’t tell if he was joking or was just that incredibly stupid. “Though I have experienced that this phrase is used to inflicted pain on another so I assume I should feel insulted.” I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.