tempête II

"Planet Earth is blue, and there's nothing I can do..." - David Bowie

We drove on a path that took us to the woods. The rain was still coming down hard, but we left the windows open anyway, your hair whipping around, as usual, my hand on your leg, your hand over mine, both of us screaming the lyrics to Space Oddity by Bowie into the storm. In that moment, I had forgotten what we were really doing, running away from the feds, trying to keep our freedom. We were invincible, nothing and no one could pull us apart.

I parked at an old looking shopping center. The parking lot was close to empty, which was good news for us.

Thunder could be heard from the distance. I glanced at you. "You ready?" I asked.

You grinned. "Always."

And like two young lovers in a romance movie, we ran out into the pouring rain, hand in hand to catch ourselves from falling. As we neared the shelter under the building, I slipped a little, which I guess was funny to you because you couldn't stop laughing. God, I loved your laugh. Under the shelter, we laughed and tried to catch our breath. Your hair had become wet and limp. Strands of it stuck to your cheek. I tucked it behind your ear and away from your face, and then I kissed you. Softly. Deeply. I kissed you for a long time. You pulled away.

"Let's go inside," you said, shivering.

I opened the door for you and went in.

The place was humid and stunk of what seemed to be a mixture of cheeseburgers and weed. To be honest, I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was, but if I had to describe it, that's what it would be. I could tell it was unsanitary, too. The floor was grimy, you could hear the mice in the walls, and the store, in general, was disorganized. Magazines were cluttered everywhere, shoved in between shelves, placed anywhere they could fit.

And then Patsy popped up from the counter. She nearly gave me a damn heart attack.

Patsy was rather large and intimidating. Her face was sweaty and red. She had a meaty nose and her eyebrows were locked in a frown. She smelled like grease. Her shirt was too tight, lining her protruding belly, making the shirt impossible to fully button. I wanted to blurt, What the fuck is this sketchy place you've brought me to now, Ocean?

But you interrupted me with, "Timothy, meet my auntie Patsy."

Yikes.

Patsy grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight with her clammy palms. "A pleasure," she said. She had a nice smile, I'll give her that. Her lips pulled back and revealed strikingly nice teeth. She had dimples, too, like you. I could see the resemblance a bit more, now. Maybe Patsy wasn't so bad after all. "What can I do you for?" she asked.

"Timothy needs a haircut," you said, tangling your fingers in what I thought was perfectly fine hair. I guess I felt a little offended that you insisted so badly on me changing it. You said it was so that we wouldn't be recognized, but still. I wasn't the one who murdered someone.

Patsy ended up not doing much to it. She wasn't a bad barber, actually. She did a good job. Better than the one I had back in Woodstock, anyway. She'd cut it just a little shorter. A trim on the top. You sat next to me the entire time. Close. I could feel your breath on my neck, warm, soft... I'd glance at you ever so often, and you had this unforgettable glint in your eyes, an right then, I knew what was going to happen next. I tried to push the thought away, but I couldn't help it. I knew I'd fall in your trap. I always did.

--

We fell into the car, messily, your hands tugging at my shirt, my hands tangled in your hair. You kissed me everywhere - your lips gliding across my neck, my face, my collarbones, my stomach. I couldn't keep up with you, you were everywhere and nowhere at the same time. "Slow down," I murmured.

"No, you catch up," you smiled.

I kissed you, my hand reaching for the lever to lower the seat. You took off your shirt, letting my lips travel down to your navel. I felt you fiddle with the zipper as your hands found their way to my pants. My fingers brushed your soft skin. You lowered yourself onto me. Our bodies fit perfectly together like puzzle pieces. I felt myself memorizing every curve, every dimple and every blemish on your perfect and beautiful body. Falling into the trance of your music.