Honestly, Alexia felt like she was thrown into a maze with too much dead ends she couldn't escape from. The last time she remembered, there had been some distance between their sitting positions, but—

As she took another sneaky glance towards her enemy who was rubbing his sleepy eyes with his free hand, she realized that Zefrael was wearing his long-sleeved dark red shirt, even when he was supposed to also wear his outer dark long coat over his shirt.

The sight inadvertently reminded the girl about the 'something' that she had seen there at the moment she woke up.

Looking down to her body, Alexia finally saw the dark fabric which was blanketing her stomach—it was his long coat. The fabric wasn't as fluffy as a real blanket from the bonfire, but it had done a perfect job of shielding from the cold night air.

To tell the truth, it was a misplaced luxury that she felt so complicated.

Was this kind of thing included in what mutual enemies would ever do???

Naturally, her straight answer was no.

Yet, within her heart, there was a glimmer of gratitude she was unable to erase.

Alexia really hated the situation where she couldn't be certain. She rather liked it black versus white, and this muddled grayish emotion within her heart was none but a complete bother.

Really, what in the world actually happened?? To begin with, why she didn't feel anything when everything was done to her!?

A question, and yet another question, were emerging endlessly and ultimately jammed Alexia's brain process. It complicatedly swirled over inside her mind when the fingers which were grasping on her hand suddenly moved.

Her heart promptly jumped again in faster tempo and started a solo concert inside her chest. The girl really had enough of being flustered too much. She instantly resumed her escape, pulling her body away from him, and hurriedly released her hand from his fingers.

Different with the situation before he had woken up, Zefrael's hand easily slipped away from hers, like he was planning to let her go as soon as he woke up.

The demon lord slowly moved to stretch his body to the sky. He yawned so wide, satisfyingly breathed out a sign of contented sleep, before he turned his eyes to the girl.

"Good morning," he greeted, "slept well, Alex?"

He showed a natural bright smile to the girl as if waking up beside her was nothing but a very common ordinary morning.

But, it was most definitely NOT one.

Feeling sick with a murky unknown emotion which was twisting over her stomach, Alexia discontentedly stared the demon lord without saying a word. She was really angry at him for unknowingly made her slept snuggly to his warmth, but the protesting words were stuck above her tongue.

The girl was certainly ready to blame the demon lord for their outrageously improper sleeping position, because there was literally no one but him who could've done it.

Yet, she couldn't help to feel a little hesitant as well.

That kind of position was indeed annoyingly inappropriate, but at the same time, it was indubitably one of the reasons she had slept so well in such an uncomfortable place with an uncomfortable ankle condition.

It was so vexing that it frustrated her so much.

"Would you just wipe that sour look already, Alex?" The demon lord protested with a pout, but soon, his puckered face changed into a slight grin, "It'll ruin this especially beautiful morning we've rarely welcomed only with the two of us, you know?"