CHAPTER 5

Alexia had hoped her ears would stop ringing. It distracted her so much, but she had no fastest way to make them stop immediately.

The dragon kept roaring at high note, shaking the cavern walls where it resided, and numbing Alexia's eardrums.

This is bad.

As she grasped her longsword's hilt nervously, she warded off the stone rubbles which had broken from the stalactite because of the quake, and focused her concentration once again to her enemy—the dragon.

It was a glowing blue-scaled four-legged dragon as big as a 30 feet house, with a pair of enormous clawed wings on its back. With forelegs clawed deeply into the cavern floor, it opened its mouth wide, and roared again at Alexia.

She grimaced, trying to withstand the roar which was slamming her eardrums. Dodging the harsh wind from the dragon throat, she hurriedly dashed sideways towards the dragon's hind legs.

She'd almost arrived when a sudden strong wind blew unto her. As Alexia frantically kept her balance, she realized that the dragon was flapping its wings furiously right towards her. The cavern stalactites fell in a streak, and she immediately dodged to save her precious life.

Right after the rain of stalactite was over, the girl jumped away to catch her breath. She glared the dragon with all her might, but unfortunately, her threat wasn't delivered properly. The blue scaled dragon roared back fervently, as if it was angry at her.

"Buhahahahahaha!!"

Alexia instantly jumped in surprise when a loud laugh resounded behind her. She glanced to her behind, in the corner of the dimly lit cavern, and there he was, laughing his damn ass off.

"This is so funny!!" Zefrael exclaimed cheerfully without containing his laugh.

Looking very annoying in Alexia's eyes, the demon lord was sitting comfortably at the corner of the cave with a leather hard-cover book in one hand, and a bag of potato chips in the other. He even had a cushion pillow to prop his back from the rough cavern wall, while a ball of light was floating around his head, conveniently illuminating the book in his hand as his eyes drilled into the pages.

He wasn't paying any attention at Alexia who was fighting, at the shaking cavern, even at the dragon. He only read his book and munching his chips like a glutton, occasionally giggled to himself, and sometimes, laughing so hard like he did just now.

Alexia was enraged by his carefree behavior. It had irritated her how Zefrael wouldn't help her with the dragon and rather chose to read his damn book, but it irritated her even more when he suddenly giggled—and laughed—in the middle of her difficult battle. The hell he's even reading!? A book of jokes or something??

Sadly, Alexia's fight hadn't progressed much since it began. The dragon kept fending her attack, and frequently chased her away to the distance where her sword couldn't reach. She hadn't suffered any wounds, but in the same time, she also hadn't yet to be successful in scoring a hit to the dragon.

Then all of the sudden, the dragon roared in anger. The reverberating roar immediately shook the inside of the cavern, and slapped Alexia awake from her annoyed feeling. She scolded herself for being distracted and once again, repositioned her longsword to face the dragon.

She didn't need Merion's help, and she also didn't need the demon lord's help for slaying the dragon. It was already an established fact within her mind. The girl wouldn't even begin to hope that the shitlord would help her, but his action—plus his annoying laughs—irked her so much that she wished a stalactite would accidentally fell on his head. Or maybe, the dragon's attack could stray at him or something.