Friend Zoned

4 year old Wendy is playing on the playground by herself when she saw a little girl crying while sitting on a tall, brown, bench. Then Little Wendy stopped playing and tilted her head innocently while watching the girl crying with her hair covering her face, barely seeing her. The little hamster ran down the slide and went to the little girl who's still crying.

"Umm, hello." Wendy softly greeted the crying girl and the girl looked at Wendy with fear in her beautiful eyes. Then the girl turned her back to the little hamster and continued crying. Wendy sat beside the girl and tapped her shoulder cutely.

"Um, can I—"

"Stay away from me." The girl suddenly raised her voice, startling the little hamster. Then Wendy shyly looked at the girl and slowly walked near to the girl, trying not to scare or disturb her.

"Why?" Wendy softly asked the girl while the girl sniffed and wiped her tears without showing her face. "I'm ugly and the other girls don't want me to be their friend." the girl cried and sniffed several times.

"Umm, it's ok. You're not ugly, you know." Wendy cutely encouraged the girl with a soft voice so the girl won't shout or yell at her.

"I am ugly. Many girls told that to me." The girl sadly replied as Wendy shook her head. "No. I said you're not ugly." Wendy hopped to the bench and sat beside her. "Look at me." Wendy spoke as the girl slowly turned around to look at the hamster. Then as the girl fixed her hair and showed her face to the hamster, Wendy smiled at her like a cheerful little hamster. "You look pretty!" Wendy complements the girl brightly. "Th-Thank you." The girl shyly thanked to her and gave her a small smile. "But...it's not true." The girl suddenly pouted, very close to crying when Wendy shook her head again. "No. I swear, you look pretty. Don't believe to the other girls." Wendy placed her small hand behind the girl's back and rubbed it gently with a smile.

"Anyways, what's your name?" Wendy asked the girl. "K-Kang Seulgi." The girl, named Seulgi, softly replied as she tried to hide her face again while blushing in embarrassment. "Hi, Seulgi! My name is Son Seungwan. You can call me Wendy instead." Wendy greeted back with a happy smile as the girl looked at her.

"You have a boy's name?" Seulgi, the girl, asked the little hamster and Wendy nodded. "Yeah. I got bullied but I didn't mind them." Wendy chuckled as she crossed her arms while the bear-like girl widen her eyes. "Did they also hurt you?" Seulgi asked the hamster as Wendy nodded. "Yup, I got a few wounds in my legs and arms." Wendy replied as she showed and looked at her wounds that are on her arms and legs while Seulgi widen her eyes.

"What happened?" Seulgi asked with concerned eyes as Wendy sighed and looked at the girl. "When I first went to school, the girls just keep on bullying me. They even threw a rock at me and I got this huge cut." The hamster explained as she showed her long but shallow cut on her right shoulder. Seulgi looked at them with worried eyes and then looked back at the girl.

"Does it hurt when you had this?" Seulgi asked Wendy as the hamster looked above and shrugged. "Well, since I'm used in receiving and having wounds and cuts, just a little bit." The hamster replied as the bear looked at her with a questionable look. "What? That hurts a little? That cut was huge!" Seulgi examined the wound with wide eyes.

"It's ok. I'm fine." Wendy smiled at Seulgi as she carefully removed her hand from her shoulder. "Anyways, can we be friends?" Wendy asked the girl. "A-are you sure?" Seulgi asked Wendy as the little hamster nodded.

"Do you have friends?" Wendy asked the bear as Seulgi shook her head. "I have no friends." Seulgi replied as Wendy gave her an eye smile. "Then let's be friends! I could be your first friend!" Wendy cheered the little girl up while Seulgi looked at her with a smile slowly growing on her face. "Really?" Seulgi asked the little hamster while the hamster nodded. "Yeah, anyone can be my friend." Wendy smiled at the bear-like girl as Seulgi smiled back.