05: The Red Emperor and Stalkerchin

Fujima Yumi's POV

I blinked my eyes twice, snapping myself out of the flashback that was occuring inside my head. That was five years ago, everything that happened back then affected the lives of the people around me. Especially Atsushi.

I could see it, he was deeply hurt. He changed so much and honestly, I wasn't sure if he was still the same Atsushi I knew five years ago. Especially when he looked at me now with his eyes devoid of emotion, his monotone voice which would somehow express how bored he was with his life, his actions that were really strange and wouldn't even make sense at all--not to mention that he somehow eats a lot and he looked like a glutton carrying snacks around. He was far too different from the Atsushi who saved me from agony and loneliness back then.

In Tatsuya's stories, he mentioned that Atsushi was really interesting yet weird--although he didn't knew that his friend Atsushi was also my Atsushi. However, I didn't expect what I saw today, he was completely off the charts. He was childish and sluggish, his attitude was really contradictory to his appearance and height. Not that I hated it or whatsoever, I was just really surprised. If anything, he was still cute--very cute in fact. Especially when he would act so childish.

But what only bothered me was that I could see his Mask, it would break once in a while and I could clearly see how broken he was. Was it really because of me? Did I really make him that way? Seeing those cold eyes of his pained the heart that's beating inside my chest. I came back for him, so I had to do something. Yeah, and I knew exactly what to do.

Patch things up.

"I didn't recognize you at first glance, you've changed a lot." I heard the redheaded guy said all of a sudden. We were walking side by side to who-knows-where. I didn't really know where we're heading but his eyes showed that he had so much to say to me so that's why I was there with him.

I knew him, personally. We first saw each other at the day I took the entrance exam in Teiko, he sat next to me and we exchanged a few words. Wait, actually, only two: Good luck. He gave off a very intimidating aura and he seemed to scare every person who knew him. I heard from Tatsuya that Atsushi acknowledges only one captain, he would follow his orders no matter when and where. And that captain is the guy walking with me, Akashi Seijuro. The Captain of the Generation of Miracles.

I gave him a casual smile, "Yeah. It's been five years after all."

"You're interesting," he smirked, which made him look real scary and dangerous. I didn't know what's running inside his brilliant mind. "That warm smile, that gentle eyes, they hold so much secrets."

I raised a brow, "Is that why you wanted to talk to me? You want to pry? Being nosey is not good, you know."

Him too, raised a surprised brow. But then seconds later, he showed me an amused smile. "My, my. I like you, you're witty." He slid his hands inside his pants' pockets, "Under normal circumstances, I would've done to you what I did to that Kagami."

I frowned, "Why? What did he do? And what did you do?"

Was it the reason why Taiga was so worried? I thought he was overreacting again. Because really, that's what they would always do--Tatsuya, Alex, and him. They always treat me like a baby.

"It doesn't matter what it was because I won't be doing it to anyone anymore," he said. But I got the feeling it was more like an assurance for me, as if telling me that I'd be fine in his company.

I stared at him in awe, studying his face. Even though I didn't really know him that well, he looked as if he just had a breakthrough. I have a good eye for people, and the guy was simply perfect. At first glance he seemed scary, but his sharp eyes held so much depths too. There was a strange gentleness in them nobody could ever understand, or people often misunderstood.