12: Be With Me Forever

A/N: I know I said I'm going to finish this book last year, but the thing is, my life has never been more busier these past few months. I'm so sorry if I disappointed you. I'll just make it up to you, ok? :)

---------------

Fujima Yumi's POV

I struggled to keep my breathing normal when the room that Atsushi got for us was displayed before my sight. Like any normal girl who got dragged by a guy into a hotel, of course, I immediately checked the first thing that had come into my mind: the unsuspecting, comfortable-looking bed which, in this case, Atsushi and I had to share.

"You've got to be kidding me," I sputtered in straight English. It was like a meteorite landed directly on my head, leaving me completely senseless.

He didn't seem to mind my reaction, or the one and only bed, as he swept his half-lidded eyes around the room as if we were in a sightseeing tour and not in a very awkward situation. "Not bad."

"But Atsushi, isn't this a bit--"

"It's okay," he cut me off in a serious tone, turning around to face me. "I'll sleep on the couch."

As if on cue, I rolled my head and looked at the couch located at the other side of the room. It looked comfortable enough, but it was obviously too small for his size. I bet it couldn't accommodate even half of his giant body.

"You wouldn't fit there," I stated matter-of-factly.

"Then will you share the bed with me?"

I gasped, looking up to meet his intense gaze. He was serious. The tone he was using on me was way too serious that my heart started to hammer inside my chest. But I knew there was something wrong with him---no, scratch that. There was something wrong with this entire scenario. Everything just didn't make sense. Even him.

"Why are you doing this, Atsushi?" I finally asked, composing myself. I had to know what the heck was going on or else I'd go crazy.

He didn't say anything for a moment and just remained staring at me. He just stood there, motionless, but the frown on his forehead was alarming. It was like he was trying to drown me in his deep stare and, for some reason, I couldn't look away. "I want to talk to you. Just the two of us."

"We just had a talk earlier, remember?" I told him, heaving a quiet sigh. Maybe he had forgotten to tell me something. So even before we'd end up hurting each other verbally again, I continued, "I understand now. I'll go back to America if that's really what you want. I won't bother you again."

The composure that he was trying to preserve suddenly gave way to a face full of raw emotion. Then, in that instant, his intense gaze dropped to my chest. My eyes immediately grew wide in surprise as my breath got caught in my throat.

No... No way!

Instinctively, I took a step back, completely shocked and trembling. "A-Atsushi.. I..."

Seeing my horrified reaction, his half-lidded eyes darkened considerably. It was as though the Atsushi who brought me here was only a figment of my imagination. Because the Atsushi in front of me now was so furious and he was scary, if not frightening. "Is it true?"

"I d-don't know what you're t-talking ab--"

"IS IT TRUE?! YUMI!" he practically roared, making me jump from my spot because of fright. And by the time he crossed the distance between us, I was already sobbing uncontrollably. He grabbed both of my arms then pushed me against the wall, the force of his grip had me hissing in pain. "FOR ONCE, TELL ME THE TRUTH!"

As much as I wanted to explain everything to him, I had lost my strength and I just couldn't bring myself to say a word. It was as though I was going to have a seizure any minute. I wasn't ready for this. I wasn't ready for any of this. I thought I could take everything to my grave without him knowing but I was clearly wrong.