III.

Huh. Where's Isen?

The high walls and the narrow, secluded, space was a feeling that felt....all too familiar. I felt anxious; I really didn't want to be here. Why would he pick here out of all the places on campus?

My finger hovered his contact name. Should I call him? It's half past three. What is he doing right now?

I sighed and relented, setting my thumb down on the side of my phone. Don't do that, you'll come off clingy, I scolded silently. He'll be here soon.

Crossing my arms, I propped my foot against the wall and leaned my head back slightly. It was such a nice day. The sun felt comfortable against my face. If I had a blanket, I could just lay on the grass and go to sleep.

My thoughts wandered off to sixth period's events. There was something fishy about Elaine. She seemed so nice and cute on the outside, but I felt that pang of pleasurable lust residing in her eyes. I felt....so exposed showing her-everyone around me what I was capable of.

I tilted my head downwards.

The way my classmates looked at me when I walked out......it was so contemptuous or fearful. How could I have made such a bad impression on them on only my second day at Wellston?

My head snapped up when I heard a scuffle of footsteps drawing closer to me. A group of students, about four of them, walked fearlessly in my direction, evilly grinning.

My heart took off in a sprint. There was obviously no way they could be targeting anyone else but me. I was on the dead end of the alley.

"Hey!" One of the kids snarled. "You're Delta, right? The one that walked out with John today?"

I straightened myself up and instinctively squared my stance.

"Yeah. What's it to you?" I responded tersely.

"You see," he said, stopping his posse about six feet away from here. "We don't like people who hang around that sorry excuse for a human. We resent people who hang around him."

The kid cracked his knuckles, his eyes emulating a fiery green glow.

"Look, i'm not looking for any trouble...." I held my hands up in a non-hostile manner. I was barely recovering from thirty minutes ago. I really didn't want to waste my energy fighting them.

But he payed no attention to my plea.

"And yannow, if you side with him, you get....beat!"

The kid lunged at me, a streak of green trailing closely behind him. He was fast. But I was faster.

I used my power to move to the side in a flash. I threw him in front of me as a girl with violet hair charged me with purple blasts.

Keep them in front, I thought hastily. I need to get out of here so they can't corner me. Based on my intuition, they were all low end mid-tiers.

I countered her attack as I formed a red shield in front of my bodice.

"What the hell....?!" The girl shrieked and drew more power to shoot at me, but it to proved no avail. I whirled around and kicked the girl back, my leg outlined a soft crimson.

A red streak followed her as she landed, coughing out blood.

"You'll pay for that!" Two boys launched at me.

Translucent crimson outlined my hands. I threw my arms up, with a wave of red blasting out of the ground. The cracked cement flew upwards and knocked them back out to the open campus.

The initial boy wobbled slightly as he regained consciousness, with his group barely conscious. Preparing for their next attack, I curled my hands into fists.

"Leave. Me. Alone!"

I released my fists and let out a wave red, knocking them all backwards onto the grass. They all started in a fit of coughs and spat out blood onto the grass.

I feel.....so drained.

My legs wobbled slightly. But before I collapsed, I heard someone shout out my name.

"Delta!"

I fell against Isen's chest unsteadily. His arms wrapped around my small waist, with his warm colored eyes plagued with worry.

"I'm fine...i'm....okay." I lied.

"Like hell you are! You can't even stand on your own!" He looked up. "We need to get you to doc."

Unbeknownst to me, a generous amount of people circled around a distance away from us, anxiously talking in low voices as they glanced at the fallen students and and I.

The fallen mid-tiers were groaning unpleasantly. They looked barely conscious. I averted my eyes to the floor, trying not to remember their injured bodies and the blood on the grass.

No.....this is what I wanted to avoid. This something Miss Rose would have looked down on. Using my powerful abilities to injure someone of a lower level-that's what tyrants do. That's how people abuse their abilities.

Oh god. What have I done...?! :;