The Start

There was a different gloom in the air,when i woke up that morning.

Heavy rain was splattering against the window as i got dressed in pale blue jeans and a maroon hoodie. I let my hair loose since it was cold outside.

I decided to skip breakfast because i had plans to go to school early today.

I ran out the door checking the time. It was six thirty.

Daniel was giving me a ride to school since it was raining.

It was way too early for him to go to work.

"How has school been lili?" Daniel asked as his eyes were locked on the road.

"Cool" i said smiling broadly as he took a huge turn.

"How has work been for you?"
I said checking my phone for any texts.

Thats strange! Brandon said he would text me before school!
Maybe he is not still awake or something!!?
Perhaps i should send him a text!

"Wake up sleepy head"
I send the message as i heard dan take a deep breath.

"Works been great! Each of the employees have a partner.
My partner is evie. She is really nice. I had lots of fun with her... yesterday after work we went to starbucks...i bought her one! I cant wait to work with her again!"

Dan said as a shade of pink traced on his face.

"Oooooh! Someone has a cruuushh!!"
I said punching his shoulder.

"Oh shut up!" He punched back.
I am so happy for him.

The last time he had a girlfriend, she dumped him after their 1 year anniversary! She was found with another guy.

He was hearbroken. He didnt get over with it for months!!

"I just hope this one wont turn out like it did with zia" daniel said as his smile faded.

"Me too,just be careful..alright?!"
I said patting his shoulder.

My phone beeped. It was a text from brandon. " I'm waiting near the gate where are you????"

I replied to him saying that i am almost there.

Daniel stopped his car near the gate wear i spotted brandon.

It was still raining so i pulled my hoodie closer. I saw that brandon was wet. He was covering a box with his hands.

"I didnt know you waited that long to get that wet!" I said as i caught up to him.

"We dont have time to talk here! The box is getting wet!" Brandon said eagerly.

I noticed some bags around his eyes. He must have been awake for along time!

"So as we agreed....lets start... the plan! Mia shoudnt..... be too ..ear..ly" brandon said between breaths as we got inside.

"Yeah!! So lets head to mia's locker"
We ran accross the hall where we found mia's and my locker.

Brandon opened the box he was carrying and took out twelve freshly baked velvet cupcakes that were decorated with soft vanilla icing and red heart shaped sprinkles.

"Awwh!! These are adorable! They look so fresh! Did you stay awake all night to make'em?" I said as i took out one.

"Well,kinda i woke up at four and started baking. It was hard to keep quiet since carl(brandons pet parrot)
Kept asking for crackers.

Well..anything for mia!" Brandon said as he opened mia's locker and started placing the cupcakes.

"You are soo nice!! Mia will be sooo lucky to have a guy like you!!" I smiled as i said.

"You really think so?" Brandon said as he opened another box. This one was filled with decirations.

"Yeah..i do..now this is not the time to talk about that, mia will be here any miniute! Let me help you with that!"
I said grabbing a piece of tissue paper.

I tied it to a small pink balloon and placed it with all the other balloons in the lower drawer of the locker.

After that brandon took out from his bag a bix wrapped with red gift paper. There was a huge pink bow placed on top of it.

"Last but not least the present" he said placing the box on the lower drawer too.

"Okay..good! Its already six forty five!
Mia will be arriving soon!! I am gonna give her a call.
After she sees it i will tell you how it goes! You go to your class now!" I said taking out my phone.

I dialled mia as fast as i could.

She took the phone after a few seconds.
Mia: hey
Me: yo, you coming to school today?
Mia: yeah, why do you ask?
Me: just checking on you! Because your getting late!
Mia: ok i am on my way! Its raining so its hard getting there with only an umbrella. I will be there in five miniutes or so.
Me: good! Just me at front door. And make it quick!!
Mia: k,see ya
Me: see ya
I grabbed my geo book from the locker and i started walking in a quick pace heading to the front door.

Thank you for reading!
Ilysm♡
And dont forget to drop a vote and comment!!
|layan♡