I looked up from the floor just as Pete shoved Ross lightly as Liza walked by. Ross slyly waved to her and she gave him a shy smile with a wave of her own before continuing to walk away with her group of friends.

"Have you gotten with her yet?" Pete asked excitedly.

Ross rolled his eyes. "We talk."

I couldn't help but let out a laugh. "That makes you sound like such a fuckboy."

Pete nodded in agreement. "He's right, it does!"

Ross crossed his arms over his chest and gave Pete a stern look of annoyance before looking briefly over at me.

"We talk. Nothing else," Ross clarified.

"Like, not even a kiss?" Pete asked, sounding astonished.

"Not even a kiss," Ross confirmed.

"What are you waiting for!" Pete exclaimed. "She's going to get bored waiting around for you! You need to make a move. Fast."

It was then that I mentally checked out of the conversation. I saw Ross give Pete another annoyed look and decided to focus my attention elsewhere. My hand itched to reach into my pocket to check my phone again, but I knew it would be no use. If Sam hadn't texted me five minutes ago, there was a good chance that he still hadn't. But still, I allowed my hand to sliver deep down into my pocket and grab the device. It lit up when I brought the screen into my vision. Much to my surprise, there was a text from Sam which I frantically opened.

Are you free tonight?

I looked up at my friends to see that they were still talking about Ross's love life before looking back down at my phone to reply to Sam.

Going to Bella's

His reply was almost instant.

What about after?

Don't know how long it'll be

I sighed, wishing I could just cancel with Bella tonight to see Sam, but I knew she would be pissed at me. Not to mention, I would be a pretty shitty friend if I blew them off for my boyfriend every chance I got.

Okay. Just let me know. See you later (maybe).

I let out a light chuckle at his response.

See you later (maybe)

As I slipped my phone back into my pocket, the bell rang and students scattered around the halls to get to their first class. I bid each of my friends a goodbye before heading to my own class.

I sat down with a sigh and began thinking up excuses to get out of Bella's early tonight.

***

"So he's a college guy I met on Tinder," Bella said excitedly as the four of us sat around on the couches in her living room.

"You're talking to a college guy?" Pete asked in an exasperated tone.

Bella gave him a blank stare. "Isn't that what I just said?"

Pete looked up to the ceiling. "That's insanely stupid of you."

Before Bella could start arguing with Pete, I cut in.

"Tinder, really?" I asked, giving her a strange look to which she turned her attention to me.

"None of the guys at our school interest me," she explained. "And older guys are hotter."

I guess I couldn't really argue with her on that one, not that I would let her know I agreed with her.

"Have you met him though?" Ross asked in a concerned tone. "How do you know he's even real?"