Ch. 2

I wake up in a different room, it has white walls and dark tile flooring and a vaulted ceiling. A nightstand to my left and a lamp to my right. Someone knocks softly on the door before entering.

"Hello my love"

I stop dead in my tracks. My heart instantly skips beats and increases. My mouth goes dry. My forehead is instantly soaked with sweat and I feel sick to my stomach. His feet drag across the shag rug at the same moment I get up and run to the other side of the room.

"Now, now, aren't you going to say hello to your uncle?" The man that took my innocence waltzes into the room and takes my hand, kissing it roughly.

"H-hello uncle" I choke out, the smell of his minty cologne making my skin crawl.

"Are you going to be good this time?" He asks toying with the straps of my robe as I fidget and squirm, trying to break free of his grip.

I start to shake, tears fall like rivers, and I can't do anything. He pins my legs down with his torso. "please no! It hurts!!" I scream and claw at his strong grip, kicking my legs as best I can just hoping someone hears. "Ah ah ah" he puts a finger to my lips and shushes me. "Quiet. You know how I get when you don't cooperate."His venom filled voice silences any chance I had of objecting.

I nod, wincing as the memory resurfaces and he grabs my face. The pain, physical and emotional scarring, and the obliterated trust. He kicked his pajama bottoms down and rubbed against me, turning me on, which led him to carress my every curve and run his fingers through my hair.

"Ready babygirl?" He purred into my ear as I tried to protest more and more. I gave up fighting him, I knew I wouldn't win so I swallowed, and waited for the excruciating pain that I had become accustomed to feeling whenever he wanted. I took a breath and grabbed at the bedsheets in an attempt to forget what was happening.

He pushed into me and I cried out, slapping and fighting his choking grip.  "we Noooooo" "Noooo stop" "Stop please stop it hurts" I cried, pounding his broad shoulders with my fists.

"Ryleigh!!!" "Ryleigh honey, it's just a dream!" Nancie shakes me awake from the god awful nightmare. I kept fighting and screaming for a few seconds afterward, not completely in the moment.

"No, no no no don't hurt me!" I swing my arm out and nearly catch the back of Nancie's head.
Nancie pulls me closer, "Hey, woah woah woah baby.... Shhhhh baby, no one is going to hurt you. Not on my watch. Not ever." I hiccup and choke back tears "b-but he's still out there. He said he would kill me-"

Nancie shuts the car off and unbuckles, taking my hand and guiding me to the steps. Her usually calm blue eyes are filling with tears and I can see how important it is for me to listen. "Listen to me babe, he may be out there still, but honey you know who holds the authority. You know who is more powerful than he is babydoll. The emotional healing is gonna take time, and I won't lie it is going to be hard and it might hurt a little." Nancie wipes my tears and takes my hand. I start to sob, tears rolling down my cheeks faster than I can wipe them.  Nancie's soft eyes and warm smile slowly penetrate the wall of fear I had built up over the years. I can tell seeing me like this breaks her heart. "I-I d-don't want to g-get him in trouble. I-I mean w-when I told Marcus after the first time dad r-raped me h-he said 'he could prove it' because I didn't believe him."

"H-Honey, this is very important. I'm How did he prove it?" She asks gently, but her words feel like glass on my heart. I don't respond, fear seizing up and making me freeze. "Babygirl, this is very important, how did he prove it?"

I nod, pushing tears back and wobbling to my feet, "with his fingers..." following her inside I fiddle with the sleeves of my jacket. Nancie sighs sadly, covering her face with her hands. "Darling"I hide my fear "babygirl... look at me." With fear, I look in her direction, fighting the urge to run away and hide. "That is not love sweetie. That's not love. Come on, I know that look... Will you let me help?"