Turning around, I saw the familiar sparkling face of Hinako. "Mikala! You finally joined the academy!" Her voice was loud, causing all of the eyes to snap onto the two of us.

Feeling nervous because of the stars, I removed the older woman's hands from my own, "Hinako-san, please lower your voice and go away." I tried, hoping she'd take the hint and go away. Apparently, she didn't and began to yell out at someone on stage.

"Fuyumi-chan, Shinomiya-senpai, it's Mikala!" Whispers filled the air as she continued to yell. Feeling my heartbeat increase, I began to struggle to get out of her hold.

"Laisse-to ma Vieille!" I missed out, speaking in French since I knew she wouldn't understand, therefore she wouldn't harm me for the name calling.

Hearing a loud snort, I tried to turn to the source only to be suffocated by Hinako wrapping her arms around me. "Hinako! Donato! Please, release the students and return to the stage!" Chapelle-sensei spoke into the microphone, I don't know about Donato, but I felt Hinako stiffen before returning to the stage.

SIghing in relief once free, I looked towards the stage trying to ignore the eyes that were on me. A few seconds after the duo went onto the stage, a tall, buff man walked onto the stage. He began to give a speech but I couldn't focus on it, instead, I was lost in my thoughts, once again.

I knew Hinako before coming to the academy because of my pere, it was about five years ago when I last saw her. According to pere, he knew her back when he worked in Japan. That was the year that pere had gone away for five months. I didn't know what he did for those five months until Hinako arrived a week after my eleventh birthday. She had told me that pere had been one of her teachers back in Japan and how she came to tell Pere about the restaurant she opened. Back then I was really attached to her during the month that she stayed, she taught me a lot about Japan, even some of the language.

Now seeing her off the stage with the other alumni's awakened a realization in me. If pere taught her during her high school year, then doesn't that mean her taught here? I had thought he only attend this school but now I realized that attending wasn't all he did. What else have pere done here?

"Now, please head towards your groups and meet up with your first instructor to be taken to your first challenge location. I wish you all the best of luck." The intimidating man said, the students following his directions, not even a second after he told us.

Pulling out my schedule, I checked the location where my group would be. I was in group J, sadly no one from my dorm was in the same group as me. I didn't even get a room with any of them, sighing for what feels like the trillionth time, I walked to where the page said to meet up at.

Adjusting my bag, I began to walk towards the west side stairs, where group J would gather. When I arrived at the stairs, I felt relieved upon seeing that both Akira and Ryo was in this group. Walking up to Ryo, I was about to greet him when the white-haired girl popped up in front of me, a huge smile on her face as she grabbed my hands.

"Ah, Mikala, I've been wanting to talk to you since the entrance exam but we had no classes together. Plus you're a hard person to talk to," She pouted at the end, her cheeks puffing out and her eyebrows furrowing. Not even a second later a smile appeared on her face, washing away the pout as if it were never there.

Pulling me along with her as we were lead to our first challenge, she continued to talk, "I hear that you got Erina to say your food was delicious. I bet you were jumping in joy when the God tongue complimented your food. Anyway, My name is Alice Nakiri, yes Nakiri. I am Erina's cousin and the chairman's granddaughter. I'm sure you've met Ryo, he told me the two of you worked together once. But that's not what I wanted to talk about, I wanted to talk about-"