Weeds - Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

He relaxes and continues picking at my hair, "No  Riley, I'm not in the CIA."

"How do you know Cole?"

"I already told you."

"You lied." I retorted, angling my head so that I could see his face although I was straining my eyes.

He nodded, "I did."

"Then tell me the truth."

He sighed and continued yanking at my hair, "It's not my truth to tell."

I huffed and turned back in my seat, I hate secrets so much. I hate being left in the dark.

I opened my eyes slowly letting my eyes adjust to the light that was streaming in from the window and warming my legs.

I re assessed my surroundings remembering where I was I looked around, Elliott was asleep on the other side of the room, his back leaning against the wall as he was seated on the floor.

I stretched out my soar limbs giving myself a mental note that sleeping on the school floor was not a good idea, today was Saturday morning, finally get to go home and get ready to leave for New York Sunday morning. I looked around grabbing a random chalk board eraser laying near me, I throw it at Elliott , hitting him in the face.

He groans,  his hand making their way to his face, rubbing his face with his hands. "Good morning to you too,"

I shrugged and gave him a small smiled.

I started standing up, my head spinning and I hold myself up with the wall, why did I drink? I knew this would happen.

Elliott stretched over to grab his bag which was slumped near him, he grabbed a carton of strawberry milk. Figures.

By the time we got home I had already taken another Advil but my head kept pounding, Bridget and I were in the same condition as we limped home.  Emma , thank the lord for her disgust towards alcohol did not have a hangover.

Elliott was walking in front of us with Sam, she was coming over for lunch, along with Cole and Ellie who were walking behind us.

"Did you have fun on your date?" Bridget asked while leaning her head on my shoulder awkwardly as we walked.

I proceeded to tell her about the events of the prior afternoon and she patted my back, "Remember when Kelsey went out with West back in freshman?"

I nodded.

"And you know how she told everyone it was the perfect date?" She continued, "Well, he threw up on her, and same thing happened with Colleen. The guys just has a curse for first dates."

I shrug, instantly hitting her head and groaned.

I repress the urge to laugh and apologize.

When we got home my mom's had already picked up Logan from his sitters and she ordered a few boxes of delicious deep dish , grease infested pizza.

"How's England treating you?" I asked Ellie as she helped me sort through my closet.

"Pretty good, "She smiles, "Especially this guy I met..."

I raise my eye brows, Elliott's friend, "Spill it."

She started gushing over some guy named Nathaniel Lewis and how she met him at a bench in the middle of a street at midnight. Nathaniel has various tattoos drawn on the length of his arms and they have matching jean jackets.