▪ ninety one

▪ taejoon's pov

"...chanyeol and i were never actually together though."

i had just finished explaining the whole plan to jungmin and he bit his lip, messing with his fingers.

"but chanyeol likes you? maybe you guys should actually get together. he seems like a good guy and, from what i saw, he treats you well—"

"jungmin. you don't get it, do you?" i asked and jungmin looked at me cluelessly. "i don't want to be with him, min. i want to be with you and i don't understand why you're not getting that."

jungmin looked down at his lap and sighed. "i do get it joon because i want to be with you too, but i can't. im not good enough for you and i don't deserve you. chanyeol can treat you better than i can—"

"no, he can't! how good he treats me doesn't matter because, no matter what, you're still the one i want to be with jungmin. he's not. i could leave right now and go be with him but i won't because i want you more. i want us more." i said and jungmin finally looked up at me.

"are you sure?" jungmin asked and i nodded my head, wiping the tears from my eyes. "yes, im sure, min. ive been sure of this all my life." i said and smiled softly, grabbing his hands and intertwining our fingers.

he frowned and squeezed my hands. "what if i mess up? what if i make a mistake and you hate me for it? i wouldn't be able to forgive myself." jungmin said and i moved closer to him on his bed.

"people make mistakes, jungmin. i could never hate you, even if i tried. i love you too much." i cupped his face in my hands and this time he didn't pull them away.

he let me bring our faces close and he pulled me onto his lap so we could be even closer.

"i love you too, jooniebear." jungmin whispered and connected our lips, his arms wrapping tighter around my waist.

i smiled as i kissed back, tangling my fingers in his already messy hair and messing it up even more.

"can we be together now jung? please?" i practically begged once we pulled away, resting our foreheads against each others. he smiled and nodded, kissing the corner of my lips gently. "of course baby."

i smiled wide and kissed his lips over and over, saying thank you in between every kiss.

he laughed at me and pulled me into a tight hug. "i love you, taejoon." jungmin mumbled and i giggled, ruffling his hair a bit.

"i love you too, jungmin. now that you're mine im gonna repost all our pictures and block everyone on your instagram that isn't me or our family and—"

"oh shut up tae. you and i both know you're too lazy to do all that." jungmin said and i smiled, nodding my head. "definitely. that's too much work. maybe you can just delete instagram."

jungmin shook his head, kissing my nose. "im not deleting the app that made your parents come together and mine as well. without instagram we probably wouldn't have been adopted by such weird humans and we probably wouldn't have met. its crazy what a simple app can do." jungmin said and i hummed.

"i was kidding but that's true. sometimes i forget that i was adopted..." i mumbled, the second part more to myself.

"at least we know we were wanted." jungmin said and chuckled, making me smile while shaking my head. "but our biological parents didn't want us. clearly." i said and jungmin pouted.

"who cares about them. we have our crazy families and each other and that's all we need." jungmin smiled at me and kissed my forehead. "we're all we need." i whispered and pressed a kiss to his lips.

his bedroom door opened and we pulled away, hearing a gasp from the person who opened the door.

i looked over and saw jungmin's parents awkwardly standing at the door.

jungmin and i sat up and moved away from each other.

jungmin cleared his throat and i bit my lip. "uh.. is everything okay?" jungmin asked and both yoongi and hoseok rolled their eyes, stepping into the room.

"we were gonna ask you two that but everything seems to be more than okay." hoseok winked and i blushed, pinching jungmin's arm for not locking his door. "yeah we're fine. sorry if we caused anyone to worry." i said and jungmin hissed, rubbing his arm.

"um, your boyfriend was a little upset after you left." yoongi said and i sighed. "he's not my boyfriend... just a really good friend from high school." i explained and yoongi hummed as if he didn't believe me.

"you kiss and go on dates with really good friends from high school?" yoongi questioned and my eyes widened slightly. "um—"

"don't answer that joon. i'll explain everything later." jungmin said and hoseok nudged yoongi's side slightly which, thankfully, took yoongi's gaze off of me. 

"we kissed and went on dates in high school..." hoseok pouted and yoongi sighed, grabbing hoseok's hands and pulling him towards the door. "taejoon, i suggest calling your parents to tell them you're alright."

after that, both of jungmin's parents left the room.

i sighed in relief and pulled out my phone as jungmin locked the door. "what are you doing?" jungmin as he peeked at my phone screen. "calling my parents." i mumbled and jungmin took my phone, ending the call before it even started ringing.

"you can do that later." jungmin pecked my lips and i smiled, cupping his face in my hands and squeezing his chubby cheeks. "so cute." 

jungmin rolled his eyes but couldn't help but smile at me.

"i love you, tae.. i really do. and i promise im going to stay with you until you don't want me anymore. i'll treat you like a prince and i'll never stop loving you. you're so amazing and its crazy to me how someone so perfect can claim to love someone like me. thank you for sticking with me all these years and loving me even before we knew exactly what love is."

my eyes became glossy as i stared at  jungmin with a bright smile on my face.

"i'll never stop wanting you, min. i guess that means we'll be together forever, huh? i should be the one thanking you for always wanting the best for me and always loving me with every beat of your heart. i love you more than words can tell, jungmin, and i hope one day you'll know just how much i love you. you're the best thing that has ever happened to me."

jungmin kissed me and i kissed back softly, smiling as he ran his thumb gently over my cheekbone.

"i missed you so much, taejoon." jungmin whispered after we pulled away, our eyes locking immediately.

"i missed you more, minie."

taestan 💕

I DIDN'T DO MY HOMEWORK— INSTEAD I WROTE THIS AND I THINK ITS REALLY CUTE SO IT WAS WORTH ITWHAT DO YOU THINK?!GOOD COMEBACK?

WHAT DO YOU THINK?!
GOOD COMEBACK?