Chapter 46: The New Guy

Song is My Eyes from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

It was another day at school. Rad, Enid, and Nebula were sitting at their usual table in the cafeteria. 'Hi guys! Mind if we sit?" they heard someone ask. They looked over to see a girl with light purple skin and blueish purple hair. "Hi Azra! Hi Puck!" Nebula greeted. "Have a seat" Enid said as she scooted over to make room for the two. "What's up guys?" Nebula asked as she looked up from her phone. "Well..." Azra began. A crash was then heard. Everyone turned to see a lanky male with the same skin and hair color as Azra surrounded by a few bullies.. He was wearing a light blue top, black pants, black shoes, and glasses. ""Please. Just leave me alone" the lanky male pleaded. Nebula was quick to stand up from her seat and rush over to the male. "Hey! Leave him alone!" she called angrily. "Or else what?" One of the bullies taunted. Nebula glared at them as she got in front of the male and the other bullies began to laugh. "Hold this for me would ya?" she asked the lanky male as she handed him her beloved phone. Nebula quickly made a fist and with a mighty swing, she punched the leader of the bullies in the face. She then punched the other bullies when they went to attack her. When they were all on the floor, she turned to the lanky male. "You okay?" she asked. The male nodded and handed her back her precious phone. "Thanks for keeping this safe for me" Nebula said. "Y-you're welcome" The male said shyly. "Hey Nebula! You better come see this! Rad is about to beat his record for shoving the most amount of fries in his mouth" Enid called. Nebula looked over to see Rad shoving more fries into his mouth. Nebula smiled at him and she turned back to the lanky male. "I'll see ya round" she said. She then left. The lanky male stood there watching her in a daze.

Nebula went back to the lunch table to rejoin her friends. "Uh Azra? Something wrong?" she asked when she noticed her friend staring at her happily. "Do you know who that was?" Azra asked. "No" Nebula responded. "That was my brother, Aiden. Thank you so much for saving him" Azra said. "No big deal" Nebula shrugged as she continued to eat her lunch. Minutes later, Aiden approached Nebula's table. "u-um. Can I sit with you guys" they heard him ask meekly. "Sure" Nebula said and Aiden took a seat next to Nebula. Rad glanced over to see Aiden with a slight blush on his face. Rad glared at him. He then smirked. He then fake yawned and put an arm around Nebula's shoulders.

Lunch was almost over and Aiden took everyone's garbage to throw away. He then tripped and spilt the food all over Nebula. He then looked at her in horror. "I am so sorry Nebula" Aiden exclaimed as he took a napkin to try and clean the food off of her. "It's fine" Nebula said. Rad quickly took a napkin and started to help Nebula clean up. "Hey babe, you have a bit of ketchup on your face" Rad said. He then licked her cheek and Nebula blushed. "Raddie. You could have just handed me a napkin" Nebula said embarrassed. "I could of. Or I could have used that opportunity to show my girl some affection" Rad said with a wink. "I'm gonna go clean up" Nebula said. She then stood up and turned to leave. "Hey Babe, aren't you forgetting something?" Rad asked smugly. "What?" she asked. Rad stood up and kissed Nebula's cheek. Nebula blushed and put a hand to her cheek. She then walked off to the restroom to get cleaned up, with Enid and Azra following behind her.

Once they left, Aiden sighed happily. "She sure is something" he said dreamily. "She sure is" Rad responded. "She's so pretty, and kind, and just wow" Aiden said dreamily. "Why else do you think she's my girlfriend?" Rad asked smugly. "You're dating her?! I thought you liked skinnier girls" Aiden said. Rad shook his head. "They way Nebula is just the way I like um'. She isn't just gorgeous, she's just as you said and more. She's understanding, sassy, smart, caring, and she always the funniest and cutest things" Rad said lovingly.

After school, Aiden was going to approach Nebula when he noticed Rad with her. He hid behind a column so they wouldn't see him. She was laughing and Rad was smiling like an idiot. "Ready to go to Gar's babe?" Rad asked. "Yup! Are we still going out after work?" Nebula responded as she closed her locker. "You know it baby" Rad responded as she linked her arm with Rad's arm and they walked off. "Why would someone like her go for a meathead like him?" Aiden asked himself out loud. "Who knows. All I know is that they broke up a while ago and now they are back together" Aiden heard his friend say. "They broke up?" Aiden asked curiously. "Yeah. Rad was too busy flirting with another girl that he didn't notice that she got hurt" his friend said. "What?! That meathead definitely doesn't deserve her! If I was with her, I would have my attention on her at all times" Aiden said darkly.

After Rad and Nebula got off work, they walked around town. Little did they know that a figure was following them in the shadows.

"Any dolt with half a brain

Can see that humankind has gone insane

To the point where I don't know

If I'll upset the status quo

If I throw poison in the water main" the figure sang as he watched the couple. When he stepped out of the shadows, the figure was reveled to be Aiden.

Listen close to everybody's heart

And hear that breaking sound

Hopes and dreams are shattering apart

And crashing to the ground" he sang as he held his chest where his heart was.

"I cannot believe my eyes

How the world's filled with filth and lies

But it's plain to see

Evil inside of me is on the rise" he sang as he followed the couple.

"Look around

We're living with the lost and found

Just when you feel you've almost drowned

You find yourself on solid ground

And you believe

There's good in everybody's heart" Nebula sang as she glanced at Rad lovingly

"Keep it safe and sound

With hope, you can do your part

To turn a life around

I cannot believe my eyes

Is the world finally growing wise

'Cause it seems to me

Some kind of harmony

Is on the rise" she sang as she hugged Rad's arm as they walked.

(In parentheses and bold is Nebula singing)

Anyone with half a brain (Take it slow)

Could spend their whole life howling in pain (He looks at me and seems to know)

'Cause the dark is everywhere (The things that I'm afraid to show)

And Nebbie doesn't seem to care that soon the dark in me is all that will remain (And suddenly I feel this glow)

Listen close to everybody's heart (And I believe there's good in everybody's heart)

And hear that breaking sound (Keep it safe and sound)

Hopes and dreams are shattering apart (With hope, you can do your part)

And crashing to the ground (To turn a life around)

I cannot believe my eyes (I cannot believe my eyes)

How the world's filled with filth and lies (How the world's finally growing wise)

But it's plain to see (And it's plain to see)

Evil inside of me is on the rise (Rapture inside of me is on the rise)

As the couple went somewhere else, a figure stepped out of the shadows and approached Aiden. "You know, there's a way you can get the girl you want" the figure said. "Really?" Aiden inquired. The figure stepped out of the shadows and held out a dark glorb. "With this, you can gain the power you need to defeat that alien. After you destroy him, she'll have no other choice but to flock to you like a moth to a flame" the figure said evilly. Aiden gazed upon the glorb and at the figure as he decided weather or not to use the dark glorb. "I'll do it" he said. He then put a hand on the glorb and before he could blink, he was transformed. His hair and skin turned a light purple and he now dawned a blue and black outfit. Aiden turned to the figure. "I never did never get your name" Aiden said. The figure smiled evilly, revealing sharp and pointy teeth. The figure then spoke.

"Call me Shadowy Figure"

Ok Ko:What Might Have BeenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara