chapter thirteen

Depuis le début

Add her f*ck*ng stare when our eyes met.

Holy. f*ck*ng. sh*t.

"Daryll, what is it that you want to request?"

I hemmed, trying to find the right words to say. Don't even start with compliments, you idiot!

"H-How different of you, dressing up like that." I finally breathed out. She looked down, like examining the dress.

"It's the required attire, so I have no choice." she answered like it's going to help me figure out why in the world she chose to wear that particular dress.

But then, I remembered what I was hear for. I'm giving myself a punch later for that. F*ck it "C-Can you play 'Rockabye'? Alexid's still partying there."

"Sure."

"Wait!"

I thought she would ignore me, but she turned around and waited for me to say something. I'm still curious as of why she is in that room instead of partying like sassyb*tch and nerdboy on the dancefloor. I haven't seen that f*cker though, I'm sure wherever he is, that's where the two bestfriends are.

"Why are you there in the sound room? I thought you'll be there..." I asked, pointing the dancefloor where most of the horny teenagers are dancing mad.

She offered a small smile. "Extra credit for that absence I made, plus I haven't had a partner to go here so I volunteered."

"Well, will you be there 'till the end of the event? Like at least go out there when there's time."

"I have an hour with the break later after the JS dance."

It'll be a waste of time if she'll just chill inside that room while wearing that. "Okay. See you later then."

I left without turning back. But then I realized... why didn't Alexid asked any other people to request the song, and by any, I mean she can ask it herself!

That *sshole!

~*~

Agad na nagsipag-palakpakan ang mga tao sa loob ng gymnasium ng maabutang inaayos ng Supreme Student Council President ang mic sa mismong entablado. Kasama nito ang vice president na may dala na ring mga papel na magsisilbing mga gabay sa mamayang mga events.

"We will now start the 10th Annual Asplund International School's Junior-Senior Prom!" sabay na anunsyo ng dalawang tao na nasa entablado, para mapuno ang buong gymnasium ng magarbong palakpakan.

"And now, let's bow our heads and feel the presence of the lord."

Agad na nanahimik ang lahat para manalangin, pati ang mga tao sa entablado. Nang matapos, ay opisyal ng sinimulan ang programa. Pinakilala muna ang mga nakakataas na bisita ng ekwelahan sa programang ito, kabilang ang mismong CEO na si Dan Asplund, at ang sekretarya ng pamunuan ng edukasyon, na si Secretary Hendrix Mariano.

Tila, hindi man halata, ngunit ang lahat ay alerto sa mga kilos nila kumpara sa isang normal na araw dahil ramdam ng lahat ang awtoridad sa pamilyang Mariano. Iniwasan ng lahat na tumingin sa mga mata ng anak nito na si Dexter, habang hawak kamay na nanonood sa entablado kasama ang kasintahan na si Lavender.

"Ngayon, I'm inviting the junior students to please go to your partners and dance."

Ang lahat ay pumunta sa dancefloor ng magsimulang tumugtog ang isang instrumental na kanta mula sa mga speakers.

"Hm, and I don't have one. I'm forever single." biro ni Daniel sa sarili, kaya napatingin dito si Allison at mahinang natawa.

Matalas ang tingin nito sa monitor, kung saan nakikita ang lahat ng sumasayaw. Nakita pa nito ang pagpalakpak ng sekretarya sa anak habang sumasayaw ito, at may naibulong pa sa katabi nitong bisita.