I caught her looking at a family in the corner. The little boy was holding his father's hand while his mother is wiping something from the boy's face. They look... happy. I know. Hindi lang si Rio ang naiinggit.

Ako rin.

I want to have that kind of family. Yung masaya. Yung kumpleto. Yung mahal ang isa't-isa.

I looked at Riona and I can see that she's also disappointed. She was really looking forward to this day. So do I.

I crouched down to look at my baby's face. She looked like she was about to cry.

"Don't worry Rio, I'm sure you're daddy will catch up after his meeting." I tried to brighten her up but she just continued sulking. "Why are you sad na? It's my birthday, you should be smiling."

"But why did daddy not cancel the meeting like last time, Mommy?" She asked scowling. Even though I am disappointed right now, I cannot bear the fact that Klaus would also disappoint our daughter.

I just smiled at her and kissed her on the forehead. He'd willingly do it for you Riona, but not for me.

Because I was never his priority.

"Let's just go to his office after. Maybe his meeting is already done by then is that okay with you?" I said and a big smile appeared on her lips and she willingly nodded her head. Alam kong gustong gusto niya na magkakasama kaming tatlo.

Mabuti nalang at naging maganda yung mood ni Riona throughout the day. Itong bata na to, grabe, napaka adventurous na tao. Lahat gustong sakyan kaya nagpapalitan nalang kami ni Alex sa pagsama sa kanya sa rides. Halos sumuka na kaming dalawa pero si Riona game na game pa rin.

"Can we go to daddy na?" She asked while she eats her ice cream. She loves ice cream.

I look at Alex who seemed hesitant, then he sighed and just nodded his head. Napangiti ako, hindi niya din matiis si Riona.

"Alright baby, lets go to your daddy."

Riona jumped and clapped her hands out of happiness and she even hugged me and Alex.

"Cute talaga ni baby Riri." Narinig kong sabi ni Alex. I beamed at him.

"Mana sakin." He just rolled his eyes at me as we make our way to the car to go to where Klaus is.

"Nagreply na ba?" Tinignan ni Alex ang screen ng phone niya at umiling. He looked at me again but this time with pity. Ayoko. Ayoko ng ganyang klase ng tingin niya. I just gave him a sad smile.

I asked Alex to send a message to Klaus and ask him where he is. Hindi rin kasi siya sumasagot sa mga tawag namin. Kanina pumunta kami sa company ni Calla at tinanong kung nasaan si Klaus, sinabi nila na kanina pa daw tapos ang meeting at nakaalis na din si Klaus. Kaya ngayon pupunta kami sa Driveo Corporations para tignan kung nandoon siya.

"Dito na muna kayo ni Riona, titignan ko lang kung nandito si Klaus." Sabi ko kay Alex dahil nakatulog na si Riona sa mga hita niya.

Mabuti na rin siguro na nakatulog na si Riona, at least hindi na niya kailangan mag expect na dadating ang daddy niya. Hindi ko na rin makikita ang mukha niya na madismaya kapag nalaman niya na wala din dito si Klaus.

Sana nandito siya. Sana nandito siya. I keep chanting to myself.

I know I promised myself that I'll go after him... Na this time ako naman ang magbibigay ng effort para sa aming dalawa, but as much as I love him, I also love my daughter. She's a part of me. She's still the greatest thing that happened to me.

I'm fine with Klaus' disappointing me, I can take it all, but I cannot bear the fact that he'll also disappoint our daughter. That's too much.

How her father will treat her is how she'll think a man should treat her as she grows older I don't want Riona to grow up thinking that she doesn't deserve to be prioritized, because she does. A man who will always choose her is what she deserve.

Kahit siya nalang, kahit wag na ako. Kahit ang anak nalang namin palagi ang unahin niya. I can take it. I'll be fine with being the last on his list.

Sanay naman na ako.