Chapter 32

The Crimson Demons took care of Sylvia's corpse.

You heard that Sylvia's body, having merged with the Mage Killer, could be used to craft defensive equipment with high magic resistance. This must be what 'blessing in disguise' meant. Also, the Crimson Demon village that was being ravaged destructively until dawn was now...

(Y/N): What the hell.

Seeing the village being rebuilt with terrifying speed, you were left dumbstruck. The debris was blown away by a spell, the stones cut from boulders turned into golems, which walked to the construction sites by themselves. A six-armed demon that was probably summoned by magic was wielding a large construction tool in each hand.

(Y/N): ... Hey Megumin, what's with this? How is the reconstruction proceeding so fast?

You asked Megumin. Once again, you learned how broken the Crimson Demons were.

Megumin: What do you mean? I don't know how long reconstruction takes in other cities, but you shouldn't compare us to them.

(Y/N): ... Just tell me, how long does it take to return the village back to the way it was?

Megumin: Three days.

It would just take three days...

(Y/N): *sigh* You people are still unbelievable.

After watching the abnormally fast reconstruction process you and everyone else spent your last night in the Crimson Demon village. You were entering Megumin's room as she saw a frustrated look on your face.

Megumin: (Y/N), what's with that look?

(Y/N): We need to have a talk about your village. What's the point of naming the mixed hot springs, when it isn't mixed gender or even a hot spring? 

Megumin: Oh, that's it huh? It's one of the attractions of the village. One of the places all people should visit.

(Y/N): Do your people just make anything into an attraction? This has been a strange vacation, without a lot of the vacation part.

Megumin: But I'm satisfied with this vacation.

Megumin who was sleeping beside you said. Like all the previous nights, you were once again sleeping in Megumin's room, except this time there wasn't any interference from the Madam, besides using a sleeping spell on Hyoizaburo

(Y/N): It could be worst, I could have been chased by those Orcs if it wasn't for you. Getting raped by a bunch of Orcs isn't a thing I want.

Megumin: If you're so thankful about it, maybe I deserve a reward, hmm?

(Y/N): Heh, if that's what you want.

Megumin: I want to hear some stories from the country you're from.

Megumin said looking towards you.

Konosuba!

(Y/N): She made fun of the fact I didn't receive any chocolate from anybody besides our mother. And so, I took all the chocolate my older sister received, melted it down and then went and covered her clothes with it. I used the remainder of it and spelled a message on the floor. It said 'I hope you like your chocolate.'

Megumin: So you responded to an insult by taking extreme measures, I'm happy that you were the same back then as well. But that is a strange custom, is it really that bad to not receive any chocolate on that day?

Megumin asked about that certain day curiously.

(Y/N): I guess to some people, it didn't really bother me. Although if you ask me, I'm kinda glad I didn't receive anything. I would be expected to give stuff in return.