Chapter 8

You were at the guild hall looking for a quick job to past the time. It has been a while since you and the others had defeated Vardia. 

(Y/N): Hmm? Let's see. Which job sounds good... I can't decide on what to do. Shanghai, pick a job for us, please.

Shanghai flew to the board and inspected the listing before she grabbed one and brought it back to you. You take it and read the description.

(Y/N): "The caretaker at the local orphanage has to leave town for a couple of days. She asks that someone come to take care of the children in her absence. Pay: 5,000 eris a night, estimated time: 2 days" Babysitting for two days? Not really a job we take, but it doesn't sound too hard, alright let's go you two.

The Dolls nod and follow you on the way to the orphanage. You cross paths with Kazuma on the way out of the guild.

Kazuma: Hey (Y/N). Where are you going?

(Y/N): Hi Kazuma. I'm going to the local orphanage. I took a job to babysit while the caretaker is away.

Kazuma: Ok then. I'll see you later.

(Y/N): Later Kauma.

You continue your path towards the orphanage until you came to one that looked a little run down one-story building. You knock on the door and waited until a woman opened the door. She looked at you before replying with a smile.

Woman: Oh hello. How can I help you?

You took in her appearance, she had brown hair that was tied into a bun. Her eyes were brown and she was about the same height as Megumin. She was wearing a plain white shirt with a dark blue apron over it.

(Y/N): I came because of the job you posted.

Women: Oh thank you very much. I was kind of worried that someone wouldn't come because as you see, we don't have a lot. Well, we better get you inside so we can introduce you to the girls.

(Y/N): Alright, lead the way.

As you make your way into the orphanage you couldn't help but look at the condition that it was in. While it may have been adequate for someone to live in, you can tell that building was suffering from the effects of time. The paint on the wall was beginning to chip and peel away, showing the drywall. Spider webs were present in the corners and there was a number of holes in the wall. Your thoughts were broken by the sound of the caretaker's voice.

Caretaker: Girls! Come over here, there's someone you should meet!

???: We're coming!

The sound of multiple sets of footsteps could be heard coming down the hall. No later did the door open and five little girls about the age range of 7 to 10 years. As they walked in you observed each of their appearances. The first to walk in had silver hair worn into long braids on each side of her face. She had green bows tied to the ends of each braid. The next girl that came through was younger than the last one and had light-blue hair with scarlet red eyes. Following her was a girl who had both purple hair and eyes. She also had a gold crescent moon ornament in her hair. The next one was a girl with blonde hair and the same colored eyes as the blue haired one and the final girl walked in. She was about the same age as the first girl and she had a similar hairstyle to her. Her hair was waist long and scarlet red that was tied into braids held by black bows. Her eyes were also aqua blue. 

Once they all entered they stopped in front of you and the caretaker.

All 5: Good morning ma'am.

Caretaker: Good morning to you as well. Now, this nice young man here is going to be watching over you while I'm away. Why don't you each introduce yourselves?