Chapter 18

You and Megumin were inside the mansion witnessing something indescribable.

Aqua: *politely* I've made some of the finest quality tea, Kazuma.

Kazuma: Quite. *takes a sip* This is hot water.

Aqua: Oh, how careless of me.

Kazuma: Could it perhaps be that you purified the tea?

Aqua: I'm ever so sorry, Kazuma.

Kazuma: We simply need to remake the tea. Thank you, Aqua. I'll finish this tea as it is. *takes another drink* Yes, it's hot water!

(Y/N) & Megumin: You're freaking us out!

Kazuma: Oh. (Y/N), Megumin, why don't the two of you join us for tea? We've happened upon some fine tea leaves.

(Y/N): Guess I could go for some tea.

Kazuma: Aqua, one tea for (Y/N), please.

Aqua: Coming right away.

Megumin: Stop this! Turn back to normal! You're being really creepy right now!

Kazuma: I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm acting the same as I always do.

Aqua: The finest quality tea is ready once again, Kazuma. And here is your cup (Y/N). *hands cup*

(Y/N): Thank you Aqua. *takes sip* This is hot water.

Kazuma: Yes it is. You must have purified it again.

Aqua: Oh my, how silly of me.

Kazuma: No matter. It simply needs to be remade again. Thank you Aqua. I'll finish this as it is.

You saw Darkness calling you and Megumin over so you finished your hot water and went over to her. Once the two pf you were next to her she began to tell you what happened. Vanir had come over to the mansion last night, he got into an argument with Aqua that turned into a little skirmish, Afterward he offered Kazuma a deal about selling items from your world, Kazuma can either sell the idea for three hundred million eris or take one million eris a month and Kazuma hasn't decided yet.

Megumin: So that's what happened.

(Y/N): Man, Vanir really got Aqua.

Darkness: And they've been like that ever since.

Megumin: That explains the phony air of wealth. *speaks louder* Well, it's wonderful that we have more money now. Anyway, why don't we go take on a kill quest?

Kazuma: Huh? Oh, please. What are you saying? Why should I bother working when I'm on the verge of making a fortune?

Megumin had a look of disbelief as Darkness walked away. You just looked on with a blank face.

Kazuma: I mean, I put together good gear, made a plan, and took on a quest, and I still ended up dying again! I've decided that I'll make a living doing business from now on. No more dangerous adventurer stuff! Time for a nice, room temperature life!

Aqua: Say Kazuma, that would actually be a bit of a problem. If you don't actually defeat the devil king it would actually be a real problem for me.

Kazuma: *stands up* In that case, why don't we make a ton of money and ire some incredibly strong adventurers?! Then we'll have them help us defeat the devil king! *weird pose* We conquer the devil king's castle leading an army of adventurers! How about it?! It actually sounds plausible for once, doesn't it?! 

Aqua: That's it! Nice one, Kazuma! *slapping Kazuma's face* I can see you slapping adventurers' faces with wads of cash as you order them around, and stealing the finishing blow after they've weakened the devil king enough!