Chapter 9

You awoke to a room surrounded by darkness. You sat in a chair and you saw that Kazuma was also there. You took notice of the third chair that looked more like a throne.

Kazuma: Where am I? Huh? (Y/N)? Where are we?

(y/n): I don't know, I think we're dead and for some reason, I feel like it's your fault. So I'm going to hit you with a Master Spark.

Kazuma: That's not fair!

(Y/N): Too bad.

Konosuba

You, Aqua and Kazuma were sitting at a table in the guild hall, when Kazuma abruptly slammed his hands on the table.

Kazuma: I want Money!

Aqua: Huh? Everyone wants that, obviously! Anyway, you're entirely unresourceful. You make a goddess sleep in a stable every single night!  Aren't you ashamed of yourself? If you understand that then give me more luxury. Spoil me more!

Kazuma: Do you not get why I want more money? Debt! *Aqua flinches* Thanks to the debt you've racked up, most of the reward money we earn from every quest we do is deducted to repay those debts! And (Y/N)'s cut usually goes to help the orphanage.

(Y/N): *glare* Do you have a problem with that Kazuma?

Kazuma: N-No (Y/N)... Sorry. Anyway, just this morning when I awoke in the straw of the stable, my eyelashes were frozen solid! If I keep sleeping in that stable, I'm going to freeze to death for sure!

Aqua: I can't help it! This city may have perished in that battle with Verdia, if not for my super astonishing efforts! You should exalt me more! All of you should praise me, praise me, and spoil me rotten!

Kazuma: Why you attention whore! If your feats were that astounding, then the rewards, accolades, and debt are all yours! *gets up and starts leaving* Pay off your debts on your own.

Aqua: *latches onto Kazuma* Wait! I'm sorry! I apologize for getting carried away, so don't abandon me!

(Y/N): That was a quick change. Oh, hello you two.

Darkness: Hello (Y/N). Why all the fuss in the morning?

Megumin: Do you have some nice job lined up?

(Y/N): I wish. We haven't even started looking for work yet!

Kazuma: That's right, given the current situation...

The five of you look towards the other adventurers as they drink and socialize with each other. They talk about their plans for the day, while some of them are too cold to do anything.

Megumin: The reward for the fighting off a leader in the devil king's army was distributed to every adventurer who participated. There's no reason for anyone to go hunting dangerous winter monsters when they have money. I gladly welcome it, personally.

Darkness: S-So do I. The stronger the enemy, the better.

(Y/N): I don't. I got to make sure that my little sisters are secured.

Aqua: (Y/N), you've given them so much that the Caretaker constantly tries to give you the money back.

Megumin: Huh? Who are you talking about?

(Y/N): Oh! That's right. You didn't show up during my babysitting adventure.

Megumin: Babysitting?

(Y/N): Don't worry about, let's go find a quest!

The five of you head over to the quest board and start examining the options.

Kazuma: The reward is well and good, but there seriously aren't any decent quests...