|Love|

•CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX•

As I lay on the bed with my feet in the air, I can't help but think about whether or not Eryne had the luck of finding Hades.

I understood a few things about my current situation. I knew I shouldn't have this burning jealousy in my chest, I knew she was one hundred percent out to get my man, and some part of me just realized Desa, the hard-ass, intimidatingly rough woman just stood up for me.

Oh, and that my personal sweetheart of a demon guard just left, which meant Hades was on his way.

As if on cue, the door opens, revealing none other than the handsome man I basically gave my whole life to.

And damn did he look handsome. What a zaddy.

I wipe the corner of my mouth to make sure no drool was to be seen nor found as I clear my throat, sitting up on the bed. I would not let his distracting, sexy muscles that was held prisoner under his dark shirt win me over.

He closes the door behind him gently, a smile overcoming his face as his gaze sets on me. Hell. His eyes even fucking sparkled like a unicorn boy.

His smile drops as his eyes narrow, looking up and down at my body. "What did I do?" He asks slowly, finally walking deeper into the room.

I glance around, shrugging my shoulders. "What're you talking about?"

He raises an eyebrow, removing his shoes. "You're looking at me like I did something wrong..what happened?"

I laugh nervously, scratching the back of my head. "Nothing happened...anyways, how was your meeting with Eryne? Did she end up finding you after all?"

Realization dawns on his features and he smirks at me knowingly, "Is someone a little jealous?" He drawls, sauntering over to me.

I roll my eyes, scoffing. "Why would I be jealous?"

He squats in front of me, his large hands taking ahold of my thighs. I gasp as his cold thumbs trace the insides of my thighs as he yanks me closer to him, my legs now surrounding his midsection.

"Because," he drawls, his tongue darting out to moisten his bottom lip, "You can't imagine me doing this to anyone else."

At that, he captures my lips in a passion filled kiss. The taste of his mouth and the natural minty scent of him invaded my senses, and the bond begins to thrum dangerously.

He lifts me, placing me further up the bed before climbing on top of me, never breaking our kiss. My body starts to heat up, the touches of that night flooding back into my mind.

I wrap my arms around his neck, falling deeper into the kiss. His hand slides up my thighs and to the hem of my nightgown, hitching it up to my hips.

I wore this sexy nightgown to tease him! Looks like it definitely worked.

He pulls away, giving me time to breathe as he leans his forehead against mine, his eyes shut. "I missed you." He whispers, his lips brushing into mine.

I almost melt into a puddle, my heart warming at the sincerity in his voice.

My hands play with his hair at the nape of his neck as I return the sincerity. "I missed you."