Chapter 14: Superman? No. Super Human? Yes.

Start from the beginning

"No I'm just his childhood friend. I slept over unexpectedly and had to borrow his clothes."

She smiled sheepishly at me and I burst into laughter. Everyone gave me a confused look, but it only made me laugh even harder. 

Soon enough everyone was laughing. When it died down, Niall questioned, "Why were we laughing?" with his Irish accent ringing through clearly.

By that time, even I had forgot why I was laughing. I went over to the oven and put the french toast on, remembering that I was supposed to make breakfast. Liam walked in and said hello to everyone, before retreating to the living room. 

After I had made the breakfast, everyone but Zayn was up, dressed, and watching T.V. I placed the plate of 40 pieces of french toast in the middle of the table, and waltzed upstairs to wake the "bear", as the boys and I call him. 

As I do everyday, I used his weakness against him.

"ZAYN! HELP! PERRIES BEEN KIDNAPPED!" I yell at the top of my lungs. I hear Liam chuckle from downstairs, and witness the hilarious event  in front of me. I watch as Zayn rolls out of his bed, onto the floor, regains himself, then sprints out the door and down the stairs. I walk out of his room, following him, and see how he glares at me. Everyones laughing, and I just chuckle. I walk towards him and give him a noogie, which he isn't so kind to receive. He glares one more time before sitting on the couch and mopeing. 

"Aww Zayn I'm sorry." I pull out my biggest pout. He looks up and the corners of his mouth twitch. I spread out my arms, inviting him in for a hug, and he smiles fully. Hugging and excepting my apoligy.

"Okay.. so.. Breakfast is on the table." I say clasping my hands together and waiting for the oncoming stampede.

I didn't even finish the word breakfast and Niall was already at the tale digging into 2 pieces of bread. 

~*~

"Oh that dress is perfect for you! Buy it, please!!!" Calleigh sqeualed as I walked out fo the dressing room.

She and I were just finishing up our shopping spree. Once we were home, we got changed and headed out to the car. The boys were meeting us there, because Liam wanted to review his speech with the boys before hand.

My dad doesn't know about my suicide attempt, and he's going to find out tonight.

~*~

"Good evening ladies and gentleman. There is a couple people who would like to say a few words. First up, Liam Payne." My father introduced Liam, and he made his way up, shakier then ever.

He began.

"The first time I saw Michelle, she had flown in from her city to see her best friend Alyssa, when Alyssa was in need of a friend. I knew from the start that she would be a nice person. She had caught my eye the minute she walked through the front door. Right away, I had thought that this was love at first sight. Cheesy, I know.

I can't help but think about the what ifs. Like, what if she never died? What if we had gotten married and lived together for forever?

Our first date, her eyes sparkled brighter than I hade ever seen them. They were beautiful and I couldn't help ut get lost. I didn't know if it was right, but I kissed her. And I then felt sparks. I knew she would e my one and only. 

I, eventually, got up the guts to tell her I love her. And she told me she felt the same way about me. That night we watched a movie and she fell asleep in my arms. 

The day of the incident, I was going to ask her to move in with me. Their was a knock at the door, so I decided to wait and see who it was.

Only, I didn't know that it would lead to this. Michelle and I would have been out. But, then maybe other things would have occurred. In the end, everything happend for a reason. Shes in a better place, and thats all I could ever ask for. I will always love her. 

And she will always be my first love."

He finished with tears in his eyes, and I had some as well. The boys and I were quick to hug him. 

"And now, Alyssa Jacobson." My father spoke, with uneasiness as he saw my face.

I slowly stood up, and stopped at the podium. Louis gave me a thumbsup, and I took it as a signal to go.

"Michelle and I met in preschool. We knew from the start we would be friends forever, but are definition of forever was deffinitly longer than this.

A while ago..." I went on about the story of Derek and how she was strong and brave. She was so tough.

After my 20 minute long paragraph, I started to come to a closing.

"Michelle's death had such an effect on me. I mourned in my bedroom for 2 weeks. Not eating. I cut." I saw my dads face. I could see a mix of emotions in his eyes. 

Sadness. Fury. Pity.

"I had an attempt at suicide." I looked up from myy paper and knew something was wrong. He was planning something drastic, I could see it in his eyes.

"But, I had loved ones around me to help me get through this. Im back on my feet, and more than glad my superhero saved me. I love Michelle, and we will always be sisters." I left the podium and walked back to Louis. He kissed my forehead and I squeezed his hand. But I wasn't focused on him. I was more focused on my father. What is he thinking of right now? What is he planning?