To his surprise, she met his gaze with strikingly sharp blue eyes and nodded, her eyebrows knitting together under fringed bangs. "We could get arrested for this. I don't even know if I can hack into this... this database without triggering some kind of firewall. What if a database doesn't exist? What if the information isn't even, like... I don't know," she pulled a hand through her short waves, exhaling sharply. "I just have a bad feeling about this."

Leo nodded, processing her words. She wasn't wrong. As much as he loved Percy and Annabeth, he wasn't too fond of the idea of being locked up in a government facility or being shot. Part of him wanted to leave them to their own devices; they were the two of the most powerful demigods on the planet, they could escape anything. They escaped Tartarus for gods' sake, surely a few aliens and a man in a metal suit couldn't stop them.

But if Percy had taught him anything, it was to never let a friend down. 

Also, there was the off-chance that he could meet Tony Stark, so...

He straightened. "I mean, yeah. But you're really good at this, right? Plus, Malcolm has a good plan, and I can light stuff on fire. What can go wrong?"

Mary Kate pursed her lips together in concentration. She dug the toe of her yellow converse  into the dirt, obviously reluctant  to go on the mission. Leo kind of felt bad for her. "Hey, you'll do great. You hacked into Google, you got this."

"Yeah, but Stark Industries is Tony Stark. That man is a genius," she stressed. "Look at his suits! You've read about his AI's, right? Google has nothing on Tony Stark's privatized server."

Leo winced. He didn't have a response... because she wasn't wrong. 

"You're supposed to tell me I'm wrong, that I'm a demigod, that'll I do fine," she teased. 

Leo forced a smile. "You're wrong, you're a demigod, you'll do fine."

She rolled her eyes, but her smile relaxed him. Her eyes caught something behind him and she raised a hand in greeting. Leo turned to see who she was looking at, praying it wasn't Malcolm with an axe, sighing when he noticed one of the Hecate campers trotting toward them. 

The girl stood to stand in front of them, blinking at Leo, unimpressed. 

"Hey... Lauren?" Leo offered. She could be a Lauren, with straight blonde hair and blue eyes. Gods, he was bad at names. To be fair, he isolated himself in Bunker 9 all the time, but-

No, he was just really bad at names. Oops. 

"It's Harriet," she sighed. "Apparently I'm joining you on this quest."

Mary Kate frowned. "Why?" she asked, unabashed. 

"So I can save your butts if you fail at your job," the blonde responded coldly, glancing over to where Malcolm had begun to walk towards them. "The Mist," she elaborated, seeing the confusion etched onto Leo's face. 

"Ah, right," Leo nodded as though he understood.

(He didn't understand).

He didn't have to ponder it long, however, when their leader appeared. 

"Alright, we got everyone," he sighed, dropping a heavy book bag on the ground. "I'll get into more details on the way there, but basically, we're going to go sit in the little student center they have, for the wi-fi, alright?"

Leo gaped. "They have a student center? Since when?"

"It opened early this summer. The Apollo and Athena kids made us some fake student ID's so we can get in," he announced, passing out small blue cards. Leo glanced down at his, scowling at the rather unflattering photo they had stolen from his time at the Wilderness School. According to the shiny piece of plastic, he was a proud sophomore of Midtown School of Science and Technology.